Editing with truncate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jsigman
    started a topic Editing with truncate...

Editing with truncate...

Now that I've had some time with this marvelous beast (and in addition to live input looping/stuttering) I know my first request: The ability to edit samples once recorded, particularly to truncate off beginnings of samples and then save them in that edited state.... I know detailed editing functions may be a big job but that truncate feature would be killer for many applications including sampling breaks and one shots from other sources....

thx for considering!

• Hendrarnrm
    replied
    Yes please! +1 for Trim & save to a new file, fade in/out, normalize

Leave a comment:

• saiteron
    replied
    +1 for sure!

Leave a comment:

• tnunnery
    replied
    Yes!

+1

sample editing: trim, normalize, fade in/out etc.

Leave a comment:

• Christine
    replied
    Thanks for the input. It's on the wishlist. We are also looking into threshold based recording as an option so you won't create the gap in the first place. :-)

Leave a comment:

• eightball
    replied
    +1 I just got my Bitbox and this was the literally first thing I've looked for after I recorded my first sample.
    • Trim (between sample "Start point" and "Length") - it can automatically save trimmed file as a new file named something like: "sample001_TRIM.wav"
    • Normalize
    • Fade Out

Leave a comment:

• qbassa
    commented on 's reply
    I know a few users in Poland who sold theirs bitboxes because of lack of this 4 features. If you ever manage to add it this equipement will have a new live, or make the source code open, so community could participate. I am sure open source bitbox wolud make it most popular platform in the whole eurorack world.

• Fsuchs
    replied
    +1 for me too! would be so usefull. Perhaps a good way to implement this would be too add a divide option in the slicer mode? wich would save all slice in a folder with the name of the original sample... easy to discard slices you don't want, and to recall specific slices u want to play with in any other mode through any other cell.

Leave a comment:

• dr.snuggles
    replied
    This would indeed help a lot.

Leave a comment:

• david goldberg
    replied
    +1 also here

Leave a comment:

• Stansen
    replied
    +1

sample editing!

trim, normalize, fade in/out etc.

Leave a comment:

• Jsigman
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post
    Thanks for your request. We will keep it in mind.
    Thanks v much !!!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thanks for your request. We will keep it in mind.

Leave a comment:

• yrn1
    replied
    +1 For me, it would even be enough to save the start/end/loop points with the sample. There might be some UX problem there if you want different pieces for the same sample then, but there should be a way...

Leave a comment:

• Sam Spacey
    replied
    Simple truncate feature would be high on my list as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X