X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• br3cy.
    replied
    Originally posted by Aaron View Post

On the other hand, I don't see the point of overdubbing into an existing sample.
    This is a feature that I would personally find very useful. I do a lot of live looping on the fly as well as incorporating pre-arranged loops/samples. I think that having a dedicated "tape loop" cell which I could use to record & overdub synth or guitar lines whilst still having 15 other slots for my drums and other samples would be immensely satisfying. Also for more droney/amient/soundscapey textures I think that overdubbing over an existing sample and back around through the beginning point is really helpful to get the continuous droney texture without a jolt. I haven't owned my bitbox for long though, so maybe there are ways of achieving this effect that I haven't discovered yet.

I love the bitbox for what it is, and I'm more than happy with everything that's been put into it so far, but my ideal workflow would have one or two "tape loop" slots for continuously recording à la Fripp and Eno while using the additional slots to trigger drums and other textures, if that makes sense.

At any rate I really appreciate the continuous improvements and that fact that you all have taken customer feedback and suggestions seriously, and I get it if overdubbing onto samples isn't worth the trouble. I can't expect it to be a magic box that does everything I want. I'm sure I could seek out other modules that do live looping that I could incorporate into my system alongside the bitbox.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by bc3 View Post
    Hey Aaron, will it ever be possible to have an option on the bitbox to go into an "overdub" mode (and set the amount) when recording synchronized clips? If possible it would also be nice to have the option to define which outputs the clip plays out of after recording. Currently it defaults to the main outputs but it would be nice to have the option to select the FX outputs. Thanks!
    Controlling the output of recorded clips is a common request and something I believe we will eventually do. On the other hand, I don't see the point of overdubbing into an existing sample. There are 16 slots available for layering and muting/unmuting. We can certainly improve the workflow of recording multiple passes. I envision that as recording multiple samples--not overdubbing into one sample. Let me know if you see differently.

Leave a comment:

• bc3
    replied
    Hey Aaron, will it ever be possible to have an option on the bitbox to go into an "overdub" mode (and set the amount) when recording synchronized clips? If possible it would also be nice to have the option to define which outputs the clip plays out of after recording. Currently it defaults to the main outputs but it would be nice to have the option to select the FX outputs. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Caribe
    replied
    Oh cool!
    That's great to hear!
    Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    Thank you very much for writing. Other people have also asked for filters and we will keep your request in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Caribe
    started a topic Wishlist for Bitbox

Wishlist for Bitbox

Hi, I just got the Bitbox and its amazing!

Congratulations!!

If possible I would like to request just something that I think it would make it a blast!
    A very easy, super simple low cut and high cut filter or eq. No emulation or resonance or db slope etc, just an easy low and high cut.
    Why?
    Cause I wanted to sometimes layer many samples record them and layer them live but most times there are some clashes down in the low frequencies that would love to just cut.. same with the highs, to layer many sounds and play them at once..
    Anywayz just sharing an idea..
    Keep the good work flowing!

Love this module!
Working...
X