X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shledge
    started a topic Autosave option

Autosave option

Would it be possible to reintroduce autosave to bitbox as an optional setting?

• Christine
    replied
    walterschulze,

I believe there are two requests in this thread:
    1. Automatically save my changes to my preset, as bitbox 1.0 did. This is something that comes up every so often. It's all a trade-off. I feel that with auto-save, you are more likely to accidentally make a change that you don't want and that will be challenging to fix. Without auto-save, you might lose some work the first couple of times you play with it, but the pain of that loss will teach you to save early and save often in the future.

2. Automatically load my last used preset on start-up is a request that has come up a few times. You can always name your current preset with some 000s in front to push it to the top of the list. It's on our future feature list. It just hasn't bubbled up to the top yet.

Leave a comment:

• walterschulze
    replied
    would it be an option to have a checkbox "autoload" in the file menu?

I don't think people mean it should save the entire project status automatically.

what i expect is for the unit to remember which _file_ I was last working on.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    For the sake of new customers, bitbox had autosave in version 1.0. For the most part people didn't like it and asked us to change it. We did that in version 2.0. We have since moved to manual save on all of our modules. Autosave has the advantage of never losing your changes. It has the disadvantage of not being able to walk away from your experiments--short of an undo mechanism or versioning scheme. I know that having an option is appealing and that does introduce a new set of challenges.

I look forward to any additional thoughts you have on the matter. Thank you for your suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• DYSbomb
    replied
    be nice and at least boot in the last preset used would be top

Leave a comment:

Working...
X