MIDI CC Mapping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIDI CC Mapping

Would it be possible to add MIDI CC as a modulation source to Bitbox? I would like to map a MIDI controller to sample volume, slice selection, pitch, etc.

Mostly done. Check out MODW, MVOL, MPAN, and PTCH in the manual. I think you may not be able to modulate slice selection, but the others are possible.

Comment

Oh, ok. I don't have a Bitbox yet. I was looking at the 2.2 manual and it didn't mention Midi CC as a modulation source - only MIDI velocity.
      From Page 30 of the manual:

Available values are:
      • None – no modulation source will be used.
      • TRIG – any input that is used to trigger a cell, such as CV input, touch, or MIDI Note.
      • VEL – MIDI Velocity
      • EXT1 through EXT8 – External CV input as shown in Figure 31: EXT Ports
      Am I looking at the wrong section?
      Can you choose any CC value as a modulation source?

Thanks!

Comment

My mistake. The manual hasn't caught up with the software. MODW = Mod Wheel, MVOL = MIDI Volume, MPAN = MIDI Pan, PTCH = Pitch Bend Wheel.

When you assign a pad a MIDI channel, these controls are available as modulators for things like pitch, gain, pan, etc.

Comment

i see. thanks for explaining.

so let's say i have 4 midi faders and i want each one to control the volume of a separate clip. i would then need to set each fader to midi cc 7 and put them on separate midi channels. correct?

Comment

Originally posted by shellfritsch View Post
            so let's say i have 4 midi faders and i want each one to control the volume of a separate clip. i would then need to set each fader to midi cc 7 and put them on separate midi channels. correct?
            That's right.

Comment

Working...
            X