Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

auto looping with at zero crossing & single cel presets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto looping with at zero crossing & single cel presets!

First off, this is my first post and i wanted to say how much i LOVE the bitbox! Thank you for all your hard work on this! I do have a couple related requests.

One of my uses with the bitbox is to use it as a polyphonic synth, mostly pads etc. Which is amazing to have in a modular! I simply sample one longish note apply the envelope etc. Finding a good loop point however is kinda difficult. It would be amazing to have an auto looper for this purpose. To get a non-clicking loop for pads.

I have made quite a few of these sounds and saved them all to one preset. But if i want to start a new preset with different sounds/functions but add one of these pad sounds i have to do all the tedious looping and envelop stuff again. It would be super helpful to be able to save a single cel as a preset to avoid this.

So to make a numbered list:

1) auto looper at zero crossings to make click less loops
    2) the ability to save "single cel" presets

Thanks!

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the bitbox. :-) We appreciate your thoughtful feedback.

1.) I have been in the room when someone was trying to find the loop points for the samples for a synthesizer. It is a painstaking process. I will log that as a feature request.

2.) The ability to save single cells as presets has come up before. Our current thinking is that you would be able to save the current WAV file settings into the WAV file itself. Some of the settings would be compatible with other products (e.g. the slice points) but others would not. If you wanted different settings you could save them in different copies of the WAV files. Would that accomplish what you are looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post

2.) The ability to save single cells as presets has come up before. Our current thinking is that you would be able to save the current WAV file settings into the WAV file itself. Some of the settings would be compatible with other products (e.g. the slice points) but others would not. If you wanted different settings you could save them in different copies of the WAV files. Would that accomplish what you are looking for?

The main thing is the loop points. Would be helpful though to have all the settings. i.e. envelope, panning etc. But those are far quicker to redo and are likely to change anyway. A loop to extend a sample however is not, so that would clearly be the main thing for me. If that is possible to do in the wav file itself that would be great. I do not use these files outside of bitbox so i might not be the person to ask with respect to that.

Thanks!

Comment

Keep an eye on the forum. You may see something helpful soon. But not exactly what you are asking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
          Keep an eye on the forum. You may see something helpful soon. But not exactly what you are asking for.
          awesome!!!

Comment

To be more specific, bitbox can now read loop points embedded in the WAV file. So you can use Sound Forge or equivalent to get your files dialed in on the computer and then use them quickly and easily on bitbox.

Comment

Working...
            X