Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice stealing clicks

Hi,
    I'm just curious if there is any way to avoid the audible clicks when playing polyphonically- when a fifth voice is activated before all four voices are finished playing, it cuts off the first voice and there is often a click or pop sound (I assume due to a non zero crossing). This is understandable as it's only 4 voice polyphony per sample, but I was just wondering if there would be any kind of clever workaround for this with a firmware upgrade. Perhaps a quick fade out or something to avoid the click. I realize that may not work because then technically you'd have 5 voices active for a fraction of a second. Anyway, just thought I'd throw this idea out there into the wishlist pile.
    thanks for all the great work and awesome updates so far : )

Thanks for the question. This is an age old trade off. Either you need one or more extra voices or you start the new ones late to give the old ones time to fade out. We'll keep your point in mind.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      a thought that just came to me was:
      if there was a way to load the same sample into two cells, but have them somehow linked so it kind of worked as eight voice polyphony. Anytime a voice needed to be "stolen", it could take it from the second cell (since it has the identical sample loaded).
      Anyway, just curious if something like that could ever be possible.
      thanks again for being so active on the forum : )

Comment

Working...
      X