Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renaming presets

a)
    If I rename a preset that is currently in memory, all of the references are broken and the preset stops working.
    until I rename it back.
    this shouldn’t be possible. There should be a warning or we could be referred to „save as“ in that particular case.

b)
    would it be possible to do a long press backspace kind of thing or a <-<- clear kind of key to start typing anew?

hello! i've renamed presets a few times, regardless it's in current use or not, without having problems, only one time I lost one but I don't know what happened. I'm using a 32gb SanDisk Extreme (u3), what type of card are you using ?

Comment

it's the card that came with the unit. Kingston 8gb.
      I don't think it has to do anything with the card.

Comment

Originally posted by walterschulze View Post
        a)
        If I rename a preset that is currently in memory, all of the references are broken and the preset stops working.
        until I rename it back.
        this shouldn’t be possible. There should be a warning or we could be referred to „save as“ in that particular case.

b)
        would it be possible to do a long press backspace kind of thing or a <-<- clear kind of key to start typing anew?
        For (a), are you renaming presets, or renaming wav files? If it's wav files, then yes I acknowledge that you can break other presets by changing the name of a WAV file. The user manual warns about this.

In response to (b) the request has come up in the past to make it easier to either clear the whole name or move the cursor to edit in the middle of the name. At some point we will probably do an update to the file system that will be used across most of our products, but feature requests that impact musical playback and recording will most likely take higher priority for the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Christine View Post
          In response to (b) the request has come up in the past to make it easier to either clear the whole name or move the cursor to edit in the middle of the name. At some point we will probably do an update to the file system that will be used across most of our products, but feature requests that impact musical playback and recording will most likely take higher priority for the near future.
          i just put down the same wish in the FW-251 update thread, since you asked there for feedback.

reading your comment here makes me feel .......well, very unhopefull., no ?
          its what everybody is doing these days: adding horsepower and more horsepower to the gear, but NOT watching on the details !
          cause horsepower sells ! .............at least on a first view.

honestly, i can tell you, i judge a manufacturer *excatly* on those details !
          they show much more with whom you deal AND if they understand "making Music" and working with the gear,
          or if you just deal with technicians who had some good ideas who just test their Goods on the bench.
          makes me feel like you have no clue how much time one can lose just because you forgot to implemention a undestructive backspace option,
          which should be a simple task to implement, no ? and should be a matter of course, IMHO !

hey, there is allways more horsepower to add, and then to finish the next product, no ?
          i will judge you on this detail........bevore i even look again towards the blackbox.
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ëlectrafa View Post
            hello! i've renamed presets auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver ew times, regardless it's in current use or not, without having problems, only one time I lost one but I don't know what happened. I'm using a 32gb SanDisk Extreme (u3), what type of card are you using ?

Last edited by DAILITAS; 08-10-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X