File Management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Management

I was wondering if it was possible to have some sort of sorting feature for the file navigation?
    I have a big sample library with mixed folders/samples...is it possible to have a filter, or maybe some indicator that there is a folder instead
    of a sample file? Could you put brackets... [atmosphere] around the directory to indicate its a folder?

I really like the idea of auto play to when navigating. Sometimes however I want to stop all background audio to audition samples. Maybe some more feature sets for setup and design?

-s

Hi!

Couple of wishes on topic of the file management system:
    - is it possible to add presets in a folder, as the preset screen does not show folders?
    - Is it possible to add new folders and maybe a cut/paste system so recorded samples can be moved to a new folder instantly?
    - is it possible to set the bitbox to remember the preset so it automatically loads the last preset used?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by sephult View Post
      ...is it possible to have a filter, or maybe some indicator that there is a folder instead
      of a sample file? Could you put brackets... [atmosphere] around the directory to indicate its a folder?
      -s
      We show a slash "" before file folders, and the wave files end in .wav.

Thanks for the other ideas.

Comment

• sephult
        sephult commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Christine, I think it might have been an earlier version I didn't recognize the difference between file/folder. I do see this now and have been using. Unfortunately my file names are way off screen...still love the name scroll, or auto-scroll on highlight

Originally posted by titanium View Post
      Hi!

Couple of wishes on topic of the file management system:
      - is it possible to add presets in a folder, as the preset screen does not show folders?
      - Is it possible to add new folders and maybe a cut/paste system so recorded samples can be moved to a new folder instantly?
      - is it possible to set the bitbox to remember the preset so it automatically loads the last preset used?

Cheers!
      1. Presets may not be in folders.
      2. You can add folders for samples when working with the microSD card on your computer. But we have been hearing requests for better file management features on the box itself.
      3. The "load last preset on startup" is a popular request. We will consider it for future releases.

Comment

Thanks for your repsonse Christine, appreciate it! The whole idea for me regarding my questions is NOTto have to use the computer, so a more extensive file management system would be helpful.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello!

So I ran into this confusion again with multiple long-filenames all looking alike...and stepping through the display doesn't show any name changes.
          I was wondering if a simple numbering system could be added to each line to help differentiate, or like an alternating character such as a dash or equal sign that toggles every line you step?
          With the dash and equals, at least when you step with the knob you get some feedback that the sample selected actually changed or that your not skipping. Sometimes I can't tell if I am selecting the next or stepping over.

Just some ideas that came up.

-s

Comment

Working...
          X