Can BlackBox work like a Looper pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can BlackBox work like a Looper pedal

I was wondering if there is a mode where you can record audio and when you stop the recording, it would immediately start playing what you just recorded? Then select a new pad and record a new audio track while the original one is playing.

No, it can’t.

Comment

• scottmoon
      scottmoon commented
      Editing a comment
      This makes me sad.

Yes. You can. In the TOOLS > Rec menu, make sure to enable RecToPlay. This will enable your loops to play automatically after recording stops.

Comment

• scottmoon
      scottmoon commented
      Editing a comment
      This makes me happy again.

Owning multiple looper pedals, and the BlackBox, I can say with certainty that the BlackBox does not perform the same. The physical layout of the device does not allow you to use it in the same way as a looper pedal. Good luck standing and jamming your guitar, and stomping on your BlackBox to cut in and out in a continuous fashion like you can on any looper pedal.
    Also, go ahead and pre order a few replacement screens.
    If you are using your BB like a looper pedal, manipulating it with your foot, hands free, please post a video. I need a good laugh while lockdown.

Comment

I would look at it as more of a phrase sampler than a traditional looper. There is no overdubbing or handsfree, seamless interaction. As Suspect Frequencies said, you can't really stand and stomp on it like a normal looper.

However, you can record, in time, and have it start playing back. I set it to start recording a bar or two in advance and I set the length of time I want to record. Then I play and then it starts playing as Steve said. Then you can manipulate and mix it live. I don't use my feet, I have it on a table.

It's not exactly the same as a looper pedal, but it's literally the reason I bought it, to record many different loops while also building a beat out of samples in one device.

Comment

I definitely use it as you describe above. I also use my KP3 hardware sampler that way, as well as Ableton Live.

Comment

I also think it is important to remember that the blackbox is not a looper pedal. Looper Pedals have their own category and typically come with a very specific toolset. You can, however, loop with the blackbox! There's a subtle, yet important difference.

Comment

It's not too far off though. A lot of the functionality is already there. All that's missing is allowing to start/stop recording through midi (that way you can hook up a foot switch) and overdubbing.

Comment

These looper functions would significantly enhance the blackbox for me.
              I hope that there are coming.

Comment

Working...
              X