Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• byrdinbbylon
    commented on 's reply
    Is there a reason not to create the preset within the Blackbox itself rather than trying to do it by creating an XML file? I would think creating the XML directly would have some risk after firmware upgrades if they slightly changed anything in how those XML are written/used. Rather, creating the preset with the new preset option in the box ensures the XML on the backend works with the current firmware version. Then it's just a matter of navigating to the folder with the WAV files and doing a load all to a pad.

• byrdinbbylon
    commented on 's reply
    So yeah, if I downloaded someone else's tones as .WAV files, I just placed them in a folder off the root of the SD card, or more realistically within some hierarchy of sub-folders based on source or category. Then, when I'm on a preset and want to pull those tones into a multi-sample instrument, I select the pad, go into the load menus to find a file to load, navigate (possibly to a higher level on the card if you are in the preset folders) to the folder that has my group of .WAV files, and then select to Load All. The tones can then be played on the keys screen or with a MIDI keyboard connected. Depending on the type of tone, you'd then set your pad settings (such as changing to gate mode, setting poly to what # if not a lead/bass tone, and setting ADSR values). At that point, the tones themselves still are being referenced in that separate folder, so if you move them and then open the preset, you would no longer point to any tones for sequenced parts. If you want to make the sound more portable (such as moving the preset to another card), you can choose to Pack the tones on the preset.

• magicwill
    commented on 's reply
    Haha! Enjoy

• magicwill
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Byrdinbbylon ! I didn't took the time to thank you for your time and your work so thank you for sharing great stuff and contribute to this marvelous community ! Take care !

• Centaurus14
    replied
    Hello, thank you very much. I watched the video carefully. What I don't understand is how to create an xml file in the preset folder. I installed multi-sample sounds in the synglesound folder and they do not appear in the presets ! The idea is to use the Blackbox for the moment as an expander only with multisamples.

Leave a comment:

• winote
    replied
    Originally posted by Centaurus14 View Post
    Hello, thank you for all your amazing work. I just got a Blackbox but I don't understand the procedure to install the new sounds. I swipe the folders on the SD card but I can't find anything? How do I organize folders and subfolders? Thank you for your patience! Take care of yourself ! Jérôme
    Hi! Most of them are WAVS samples, no presets, so you can use them to create presets.
    To use most of them, please see the following video, it will help you:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RERHQPz2rpc
    Last edited by winote; 01-14-2022, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Centaurus14
    replied
    Hello, thank you for all your amazing work. I just got a Blackbox but I don't understand the procedure to install the new sounds. I swipe the folders on the SD card but I can't find anything? How do I organize folders and subfolders? Thank you for your patience! Take care of yourself ! Jérôme

Leave a comment:

• jgartner
    replied
    "But I already have more samples than I will ever use!", I said as I clicked the download button. Thank you magicwill !

Leave a comment:

• Chuzzz
    replied
    Hey byrdinbbylon well done hmmm let me compare with my 707. That is a lot of work right there I have most of these packs on my 707 only trouble with Most of the packs on the 707 is no FX eg delay reverb etc
    Last edited by Chuzzz; 12-29-2021, 10:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ::1/128
    replied
    Originally posted by byrdinbbylon View Post
    Hey all. I have uploaded quite a few multi-samples from my Roland MC-707 to the G-drive, under folder: Byrdinbbylon / MC707

I created them all using the multi-sample record process on the Blackbox.

I have one folder with presets from the 707. These are organized into categories as they are in the library on the unit. The other folder contains tones from various of the sound packs for the 707. I generally sampled every 5 notes over a handful of octaves. If there were distinct enough sounds to justify it, I might have included 2 or max 3 velocity levels, though many tones only needed 1. I chose mainly sounds that I might use and would translate well to the Blackbox (avoided the many 707 tones that utilized delays or sequencing synced to a beat, though if a tone had some tremolo or modulation at a rate that seemed independent of project clock I might use that one).

The length of notes recorded varied, but if it was a tone that normally would sustain as long as pressed, I tended to record for 10 counts. Obviously, most of those would be used in gate mode on the Blackbox, or the end user could adjust the ASDR values. Other tones I just recorded as long as the normal decay needed.

Creating these took many hours, so I figured maybe someone else could enjoy the fruit of that labor. I hope you enjoy them.
    Wow you did a lot of work here!

Much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• byrdinbbylon
    replied
    Hey all. I have uploaded quite a few multi-samples from my Roland MC-707 to the G-drive, under folder: Byrdinbbylon / MC707

I created them all using the multi-sample record process on the Blackbox.

I have one folder with presets from the 707. These are organized into categories as they are in the library on the unit. The other folder contains tones from various of the sound packs for the 707. I generally sampled every 5 notes over a handful of octaves. If there were distinct enough sounds to justify it, I might have included 2 or max 3 velocity levels, though many tones only needed 1. I chose mainly sounds that I might use and would translate well to the Blackbox (avoided the many 707 tones that utilized delays or sequencing synced to a beat, though if a tone had some tremolo or modulation at a rate that seemed independent of project clock I might use that one).

The length of notes recorded varied, but if it was a tone that normally would sustain as long as pressed, I tended to record for 10 counts. Obviously, most of those would be used in gate mode on the Blackbox, or the end user could adjust the ASDR values. Other tones I just recorded as long as the normal decay needed.

Creating these took many hours, so I figured maybe someone else could enjoy the fruit of that labor. I hope you enjoy them.

Leave a comment:

• breaksdj
    replied
    I am extremely new to 1010music and making music in general. I am thrilled with what my bluebox and blackbox can do and i am happy to see a community sharing great content. Thank you for the bitchen resource library.

Leave a comment:

• lerugray
    replied
    Anyone know if there's a decent vibraphone / cornet samples here?

Leave a comment:

• magicwill
    commented on 's reply
    Great job, that's awesome ! Thanks a lot for your work, it's very appreciated

• pyroaudio
    replied
    Hello Blackbox users!

I am Eric from Pyro Audio [we are not associated with Cakewalk's defunct disc burner software]. I have assembled two main folders of FREE sample content (over 300 free percussion sounds) for your 1010music Blackbox, which is also our go-to sample playing device. One main folder contains three complete sound packs—full releases that contain organized folders of sounds based on the theme of that sound pack.

The other folder contains part-based sub-folders (snares, kicks, etc) with 15 sounds per sub-folder (90 sounds). These sounds have been curated from our vast collection of monthly releases. We hope that this combination gives you a glimpse into the forward-thinking approach to our sound design process. There are no vintage drum machine rehashes or samples plucked from published works—everything here is original, fresh, and limited in distribution (none of these are available on Splice, etc) so that your own productions stand out from the sea of cookie-cutter drums you hear so often.

We hope these two folders of content help inspire creativity, even if you never become a customer, simply because we love our Blackbox so much, too. Enjoy your BB and have a great day!

[screenshot of Drive path attached]
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X