Effects Send/Return Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects Send/Return Help

Is anybody using the Audio Out & Audio In as an Effect Send & Return?

Wonder if anyone can help me out with a step by step on how to achieve what i'm after without worrying about feedback or audio-in on other channels/pads.

HARDWARE SETUP:
    So I've setup the BB with...
    - Stereo out from Audio 2 on BB to effects module
    - Stereo in / Audio In on BB
    - Playback all audio on Headphones Channel

WHAT I'D LIKE TO DO
    I'd like Audio 2 out to be my permanent 'fx send' channel. So that if I have any channels I want to send to effects I can just send the audio out that way.
    Then I guess I just have one pad/channel dedicated to bringing it all back in via the audio in.

WHAT I'VE ACHIEVED/FAILED SO FAR
    - Hardware setup as above
    - Set pad 13 to 'Out 2'
    - Set pad 14 to Monitor L&R Audio In

So far this will works in sending the audio out to effects and I can hear what's coming back in. Not sure if its just coming back on the pad 14 channel (but i can see it in the monitor status bars) or if its over everything?

What i'd like to be able to do is to mute the sound coming from Pad13 as I can still hear the clean sound from the pad as well as what's being returned. But when I mute it, it mutes the signal.

Would be great do to a video on this 1010 music guys! Aaron

We didn't really design for that scenario. Let me offer the following suggestion that will come close:
    • Use Out 1 as your master output. Assign you primary elements there. Headphone has a mixdown of everything and will include the dry effects signal, which you don't want
    • Use Out 2 as your effects send. Stuff you assign there will go completely to the effects bus and you will need to mix the wet/dry externally.
    • Use Audio In as your effects return. Open an blank pad and set RecMon to On. Set Mon Output to Out 1 (your master). You can then use the pad for something else. You will just always hear the Audio In.
    Let us know if this does not help.

Comment

Ah awesome Aaron! Thanks for the prompt reply!
      didnt realise that the headphones was a sum of everything, that's what was going wrong
      Sounds like if I follow what you've suggested that'll work just fine.

Will report back to this thread onc I've checked as may help others too!

Comment

Works great! Thanks Aaron, it would be great if in future firmwares we can select what to send to the headphones output

Comment

Working...
        X