No announcement yet.

BB integration with Launchpad Pro MK3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BB integration with Launchpad Pro MK3?

Hi everyone.

I’ve searched everywhere online but apparently nobody is using this setup.

I’ve seen people using the BB with the Launch Control XL and I’ve also seen that BB seemly integrates with LaunchKey - both Novation products.

So, I will be very interested in acquiring this wonderful dawless device if it would be possible to control BB with the Launchpad Pro MK3, the same way (or similar) that the Launchpad controls Ableton - like for example the pads lightning up while step sequencing, etc, etc...

(Using MK3 in stand-alone for step sequencing does not interest me because I can only have 4 tracks).

Does the BlackBox integrates well with the Novation Launchpad MK3? If not, is this planned in the near future?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I have a Launchpad Pro Mk3 arriving today. They're currently half price on the Focusrite site, so I thought I'd take advantage as it's something I've been after. I'm still planning on getting a Lauch Control for use with the BB. To be honest, I hadn't considered how the Launchpad would work with the BB - I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by _Czan_ View Post
      I have a Launchpad Pro Mk3 arriving today. They're currently half price on the Focusrite site, so I thought I'd take advantage as it's something I've been after. I'm still planning on getting a Lauch Control for use with the BB. To be honest, I hadn't considered how the Launchpad would work with the BB - I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to experiment.
      Awesome!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Most important thing (I guess) are the lights moving on the grid, and the ability to add drums on the fly whitin the grid. I suppose everything else could be CC programmed.

Comment

I have it, and it integrates awesome, you can connect it directly to the blackbox USB port and it will power it and send midi, which is very cool.
        For most of the controls I set it up via CC in the custom modes, including sending program changes, triggers to the sequences and pads.
        It would be awesome to have the sequencer controlling the blackbox sequencer directly, but not sure if that could be possible.
        The pads feels great for finger drumming and the note and chords mode are very useful to create melodies and stay in key.
        Let me know if you have specific questions about what you can do with both, for me its the perfect controller for the blackbox.

Comment

Great!!! Thanks a lot for the input!
          I will only receive my Launchpad next week, so for now I don’t have any specific questions. I am hoping to go computer-less (I am tired of reaching the mouse) in the creative process of making songs, so I am still doing a lot of research and the blackbox for now is in the top of my list.

Originally posted by jpablo91 View Post
          It would be awesome to have the sequencer controlling the blackbox sequencer directly, but not sure if that could be possible.
          That is exactly what I am hoping for. If you can achieve that let me know please

In the following video, he is controlling a bunch of hardware with the Launchpad, everything is synced tempo wise.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Za4Nr7s3XH4

Comment

Originally posted by _Czan_ View Post
            Can you share the link to where you got it for half off? I can’t find it anywhere at a discount

Comment

Originally posted by jpablo91 View Post
              Any good news regarding this?

thanks

Comment

Hello !
                I've made a Launchpad Pro MK3 template few months ago. You can control sequences and pads BB on the same layout with two drum kits. But you can customize this template to match your workflow
                Just here : https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/f...Rk1B_6aNrBUVzy

But you can't control the blackbox sequencer directly with the Launchpad pro MK3 sequencer. You can just program a sequence on LP Pro and record it on BB
                It would be awesome by the way

Comment

Working...
                X