Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domo_o
    replied
    Thanks all for the pointers. I've tried MPC Beats auto sampler with Kontact Player today and it works great.
    Just one thing, if you don't get any sound on the samples, make sure the "Accept all notes off / all sounds off" on Kontakt "Instrument Options" is turn off. This made crazy for ~20min.

Leave a comment:

• E Artsy Moods
    replied
    Thanks you very much guys for your answers!! I'll give the MPC auto sampler a try soon!!

Leave a comment:

• Quasimonastic
    replied
    kunderlatch Thanks. Over the weekend I was able to research it as well and found this very good tutorial on auto sampling Hope this helps others.

Leave a comment:

• kunderlatch
    replied
    Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, I got the blackbox yesterday. So the MPC daw is called MPC Beats, you can find it here https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-beats

It seems quite complicated to use, but it's easy to do multisampling with it. In the upper left menu go to Tools > autosampler.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MPC Beats.PNG
Views:	193
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	20536

Then You have a window with some parameters that look like the ones on the blackbox
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MPC Beats 2.PNG
Views:	197
Size:	184.4 KB
ID:	20534

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Quasimonastic
    replied
    Originally posted by jpablo91 View Post
    you can also resample using the MPC daw (which is free) and just copy the folders into the blackbox. It already formats the samples in the way that the blackbox needs. That way you don't have to worry about midi or audio connection between BB and he computer
    jpablo91 That sounds fantastic. Is there any documentation on how to do it or if not would you mind jotting that down? I'm pretty DAW illiterate but I'm guessing it would help others here as well.

Leave a comment:

• jpablo91
    replied
    you can also resample using the MPC daw (which is free) and just copy the folders into the blackbox. It already formats the samples in the way that the blackbox needs. That way you don't have to worry about midi or audio connection between BB and he computer
    Last edited by jpablo91; 01-13-2021, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    The easiest way to get a Kontakt instrument into blackbox is to resample it. Newer versions of the firmware let you do an automated sampling session with the key range and velocity range of your choice. I've done this a few times with reasonable results. You may need to adjust your sound card settings to get really low latency. For example, a buffer size of 64 samples or smaller.

Leave a comment:

• E Artsy Moods
    started a topic Importing Kontakt library into Blackbox

Importing Kontakt library into Blackbox

Hi guys, did soemone tried already to convert format from Kontakt to the particular mulitsample format used by the Blackbox? WHat's this format by the way?

I've seen some times ago a software called Sample Robot which can convert multisample format into another, maybe this is the fastest and best way?
    ANy experienced users on this?

... Also what would really be awesome would be to simply be able to load .NKS and other kontakt formats.... that would be crazy!! (even without perfect effect chain behind which are Kontakt dependant obviously )
Working...
X