Choke groups for sequences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choke groups for sequences?

Let's say I have multiple sequences triggering the same sound(s). For example I have 4 pads with drum sounds and then several sequences that are like different drum patters.
    In that case I always want only one of them to be active. So when I go from sequence to sequence I always have to stop the playing sequence and then trigger the next. Is there something like a choke function for sequences? That make it all sooo much easier.

I think that you should be able to program it using different song sections.
    Don't know how to make it live.

Comment

Yes thanks! this will be the way to go. I will definately do this for my finished songs that I'm putting into the black box as stems and midi files. But yeah for jamming and inspiration it would be cool to also able to do this in seqs view. So I guess this would be a feature request?

Comment

Somewhat related, if I have N number of pads that are non looping samples. Can I trigger them to start at the same time as one ? Is that the same as a choke group ?

Comment

Yes, Choke Groups would have to be the best feature request of 2021. Is there a link for the request?

Comment

Originally posted by mstuart View Post
            Somewhat related, if I have N number of pads that are non looping samples. Can I trigger them to start at the same time as one ? Is that the same as a choke group ?
            It's not the same seems to be rather the other way around. "choke groups", or "mute groups" or "exclusive groups" are often used as terms for the same thing:
            If one of the group items is running and another is triggered, the running one will be turned off.
            If you trigger two items (e.g. 2 pads) at the same time and they are in the same choke group, only one will play.
            On the blackbox choke groups exists for pads (set from EX X to EX A on two pads and they are in choke group A) but not for sequences.

If you want to play 2 pads at the same time you can use the sequencer. Or if you want to manually push something to trigger both you can set 2 pads to the same midi input channel.
            If you do not have external midi gear you can try if setting a pads midi out to a channel and setting the other pads midi input to the same channel works (but I don't expect that midi is routed inside the blackbox).

Cheers,
            Dan Day

Comment

I was just looking up how to do this. Having choke groups for both sequences and clips would be ace for performing. Looks like thread is 6 months old, is this possible now or still a future feature request?

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                6 months is still pretty fresh in our world! This is a great request and should be in the wish-list thread as that is the only place we keep track of these. +1 these types of requests in the wish-list thread to bump them. thanks for posting
            Working...
            X