Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sample Crossfading or Gain Reduction to Zero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample Crossfading or Gain Reduction to Zero?

Hello,

I just started really working with my blackbox in the last couple days and I'm really loving it. However, there's something basic that I can't seem to figure out how to do in the manual:

I had an 808 style kick with reverb, and I wanted to shorten the tail, however when shortening using the trim function, it's clear that the wave gets clipped and we get a nasty little pop.

I can't seem to find any kind of "crossfade" or volume trim function to force a smoother transition to zero to eliminate the click.

Is there something obvious I'm missing?

You could try setting the sample mode as gate with a 0 sustain and release, then just adjust the decay to what you want and resample it. Otherwise blackbox doesn't have a fade out option when cropping the samples.

Comment

however when shortening using the trim function, it's clear that the wave gets clipped and we get a nasty little pop.

same here.

Originally posted by dertranb View Post
      yes indeed, i think that "normalize" could be so useful in many cases... (and also, as this is editing related : fade out, and fade in, as i find it's so easy and quick and smart to put a very small fade out to sample's end. more convenient and quick than using adsr or trim)
      Last edited by dertranb; 09-13-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• industrialist
        industrialist commented
        Editing a comment
        So I was lazy before, I started poking in the manual, it's for 1.7.4 but there is discussion on page 29 about loop fading. Does this help at all?
    Working...
    X