Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synth MIDI Keyboard Data recording in to Blackbox Sequencer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synth MIDI Keyboard Data recording in to Blackbox Sequencer?

I apologize as in advance as I am sure this has been asked before.

My goal was to use Black box as a live sequencer and play loops and one shots at the same time. I am having a hard time wraping my head around how to set up the black box to do this though.

I want to sequence my Hydrasynth via the Blackbox (ver. 2.0)
    I want to be able to play a keyboard line from the Hydra and record that MIDI data into the sequencer.
    I then want to be able to launch that MIDI clip and have it control the Hydra.
    I also want to make sure that launching a sample loop does not trigger a note on the Hydra at the same time.

The Hydra is able to send and receive MIDI on different MIDI channels respectively.

Thanks in advance!

Problem mostly resolved. I guess when in doubt, RTFM.
    Now, the only thing I can't figure out is how to get the sequencer to recognize the note length I play on the keyboard which is frustrating. You can manually lengthen the midi notes on the grid but that saps the creativity and groove away.

Anyone know if there is a setting I am missing to fix that?

Comment

Hey Audio™,

the pad you are using to sequence has to be in gate mode for Note length. This fixes it for me.

For more granular grooves Switch step Mode to off in the seq settings.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by upwardspiral View Post
        Hey Audio™,

the pad you are using to sequence has to be in gate mode for Note length. This fixes it for me.

For more granular grooves Switch step Mode to off in the seq settings.

​​
        TYVM! I'll give that a try.

Comment

This BB Forum post could help..... 'How to Record MIDI Note Sequences'
          https://forum.1010music.com/forum/pr...note-sequences

Comment

Working...
          X