• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• industrialist
    replied
    Originally posted by sohhaZ View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to setup my blackbox as the midi "master" of my small home studio.

The problem is when I connect the mid out of my bb to a midi thru it simply doesn't work.

It is just strange, when connect other device to the midi thru it work but when i connect the bb it doesn't.

I am out of idea, is there something i don't understand?

(blackbox with midi solution - midi Quadra Thru)

Thanks!
    Routing. Right, so MIDI Thru on any device I've owned is simply a passthru of what the device receives at MIDI-In, it's not an input, its an output.

As vision said, you'll need to connect to the MIDI In.

Leave a comment:

• Aaron
    replied
    I can confirm that the MIDI Solutions Quadra Thru will not work with our black and white MIDI adapter. You need another solution, like our TRS to 5-pin DIN MIDI cable:

https://1010music.com/product/4-ft-m...s-to-5-pin-din

Leave a comment:

• visionmusic
    replied
    Midi out of BB to MIDI IN of external device #1. Midi Thru from external device to a second external device's midi in. Basically Thru (if your device has one), just allows you to daisy chain a number of Midi instruments together without having a box with a midi out for each additional device.

Leave a comment:

• sohhaZ
    replied
    Thanks for the link but unfortunatly it is not what I am looking for.

I am trying to split my midi signal out of my bb but It seem impossible...

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Watch the video?

• sohhaZ
    commented on 's reply
    I have tried to plug another instrument to get power,

And yes I get power (LED on) but unfortunately no signal from the BB to my home studio set up

• Steve
    replied
    First, the Quadra, I believe, requires power from the MIDI bus to function. I do not own one or have experience with those products. However, there are forum members who do - and you can search Quadra, etc to find those threads. Next, make sure you understand the info in this video: https://youtu.be/ZAOaQvMR5uM - it covers all things MIDI in the blackbox.

Leave a comment:

• sohhaZ
    started a topic Blackbox midi out trouble

Blackbox midi out trouble

Hello,

I am trying to setup my blackbox as the midi "master" of my small home studio.

The problem is when I connect the mid out of my bb to a midi thru it simply doesn't work.

It is just strange, when connect other device to the midi thru it work but when i connect the bb it doesn't.

I am out of idea, is there something i don't understand?

(blackbox with midi solution - midi Quadra Thru)

Thanks!
Working...
X