New tool to create sliced drumkits in the browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tool to create sliced drumkits in the browser

A while back developer jaap3 made a really cool tool to create sliced drumkits in the browser for the polyend tracker. Over at the polyend tracker discord I noted this could be really useful for other instruments such as the 1010blackbox and the dirtywave M8 if it could also export .WAV files with cue markers for slices. And jaap3 delivered that feature in a few hours! I just tried it on the blackbox and it works perfectly.
    Here's the tool: https://jaap3.github.io/pti-tools/ - for the blackbox, click on the box that says ".pti" and choose ".wav".
    If you enjoy this tool, they'd appreciate if you star the repo on github: https://github.com/jaap3/pti-tools
    Just to emphasize, I had nothing to do with the development, I'm just a satisfied user and I think this could be handy for other users on this forum.

super cool thx!

Comment

Great app !!! just started using it to create Slice drum or percussions kits... simple & usefull !

Comment

Converts your 24bit files to 16bit, no thanks. Great apart from that.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.snuggles View Post
          Converts your 24bit files to 16bit, no thanks. Great apart from that.
          meaning some (precious) cpu wasted on the dac out, according to 1010 recommandations to use 24 / 48 ??

Comment

Originally posted by dertranb View Post

meaning some (precious) cpu wasted on the dac out, according to 1010 recommandations to use 24 / 48 ??
            I always use 24 bit and 48. I don't know if 16 bit wastes CPU, but i know they have said to not use 44KHz, unless you want more latency and CPU wasted on that. I use 24 bit because it's what i record at, why use 16 and get slightly worse quality / dynamic etc..

Comment

Using files other than 24/48 is possible and often works well as the blackbox can playback any combo. However, the DAC is 24/48. So if you push the box with files other than 24/48, you are unnecessarily using extra CPU.

Comment

Darn sample rate conversion :/ One thing that has not really been tackled over the years. Plus I assume having truncate with dither would be a drag on CPU and so sad to chop bits. Glad I scrolled further down the thread...

Comment

Working...
                X