is there an auto slice mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there an auto slice mode?

Is there a way to slice a sample say into 16 parts then auto load a slice onto each pad? Similar to Geist that I often use to auto slice voice samples and then fine tune the slice in each pad to specific points, then use the sequencer to arrange it how I want and use different fx for each pad, or send to different outputs for further processing. Geist gives pro tools all sorts of fits and I'm trying to find an alternative, Blackbox does everything I need except for this one function that I don't see a way to do in the manual.

This has been a feature for a while now. It mustn't have been added to the manual yet.

Comment

thanks that's very encouraging, I'll dig around in Blackbox and try to find the setting that allows this

Comment

Oops sorry, I didn't read your post properly. There's now an auto slicing feature where you can dial in how many slices you want, but it doesn't load the slices on to separate pads. You have to load the same sample on to multiple pads and adjust the start and end positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Oops sorry, I didn't read your post properly. There's now an auto slicing feature where you can dial in how many slices you want, but it doesn't load the slices on to separate pads. You have to load the same sample on to multiple pads and adjust the start and end positions.
          Hi , I'm starting playing around in recording and slicing up and I'm now just into the asking question mode of HOW do I tell BB to use a slice or another one example: I have 4 manual slice set out of a recording saved and trimmed, on my display I see the marker set to Slice 1 in POS menu and the little Grid icon were I should press the pad I want the slice to be assigned? should I load the same sample again in pad 2 and repeat the same just adjusting the Slice to 2?.. The Auto Slice to Pads would indeed be Awesome ...

Comment

• DeepDiveCorp.
            DeepDiveCorp. commented
            Editing a comment
            You can slice a long sample in the slicer mode and play those slices of the one pad you assigned it to by using a keyboard.

Originally posted by alan66 View Post

I have 4 manual slice set out of a recording saved and trimmed, on my display I see the marker set to Slice 1 in POS menu and the little Grid icon were I should press the pad I want the slice to be assigned? should I load the same sample again in pad 2 and repeat the same just adjusting the Slice to 2?.. The Auto Slice to Pads would indeed be Awesome ...
          Yes for now that is the only way to proceed, maunally. I did it yesterday with a 16 parts drum kit sample sliced. It takes me 2/3 minutes to assign each slice to the 16 pads (adjusting the gain for each, make slight adjustments and so on.

Indeed a auto function would be time gaining, but as we have an alternative to this, this is not a blocking point IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepDiveCorp View Post

You can slice a long sample in the slicer mode and play those slices of the one pad you assigned it to by using a keyboard..
            I found out and it is a feature very useful indeed, now I need to check how to eventually play it from an external sequencer

Comment

Working...
            X