Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Blackbox with a Midifighter.

Greetings from Norway!

I want to play clips on the Blackbox from the Midifighter 3D ( and the Spectre and the original one ) as i love playing with arcade buttons instead of a touchscreen or any other controller.

But the problem is the blackbox defaults to note c2 and upwards and the midi fighter from c1 ( standard in ableton and other programs )

For me they are a perfect match for what i want to do if it was possible without messy devices in between...

peace,

Inge

I'm fairly sure you can reprogram the MF3D to play any note you want. No?

Comment

No... not from the utility program. Maybe there is a way to change the scripting of the unit but i'm no programmer...

I have asked on the techtools forum but no reply yet...

Comment

Sadly you need to - and I'm not joking - compile a new firmware.
        If you know some C, go nuts: https://github.com/danielytics/Midif.../DJTT%20Latest
        I'll probably give it a go soon(ish).

Comment

Thank you for your reply! Ill have to research that path... have some sons in the house that know a bit C so maybe... or just make a new arcade button midi device from scratch... With an arduino uno... its just a shame that those midifighters are so perfect in all other ways.. and I have 3 button ones and 1 twister..

Comment

Originally posted by engelen View Post
            No... not from the utility program.
            HI

Just curious if you have downloaded the latest version of the MIDI Fighter utility? Looking at their documentation it seems that the utility IS the recommended way to update firmware, etc. It also looks like (according to the manual) Bank 1 defaults to the exact MIDI note #'s you need to trigger Blackbox Pads. I do not have an MFP so I am unable to test.

The ReadMe.txt file on Github also recommends using the utility to update and configure. Let us know if you are able to get this working.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Welcome, Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post

HI

Just curious if you have downloaded the latest version of the MIDI Fighter utility? Looking at their documentation it seems that the utility IS the recommended way to update firmware, etc. It also looks like (according to the manual) Bank 1 defaults to the exact MIDI note #'s you need to trigger Blackbox Pads. I do not have an MFP so I am unable to test.

The ReadMe.txt file on Github also recommends using the utility to update and configure. Let us know if you are able to get this working.

Thanks

Steve
                I haven't received the blackbox yet but when I get it I will try ... but from what I can read the blackbox defaults to C2 and upwards and the midi fighter defaults from C1 ( the standard from Ableton )

Comment

Originally posted by engelen View Post

I haven't received the blackbox yet but when I get it I will try ... but from what I can read the blackbox defaults to C2 and upwards and the midi fighter defaults from C1 ( the standard from Ableton )
                  Check back after you play with it. Make sure to check out the utility. The docs I looked at seemed to indicate that Bank 1 matches up perfectly with the Blackbox.
                  Last edited by Steve; 12-09-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve J View Post

Check back after you play with it. Make sure to check out the utility. The docs I looked at seemed to indicate that Bank 1 matches up perfectly with the MF3D.
                    I really hope you are right!

Comment

Got a MF3D coming in the mail. I hope I can get it to work

Comment

Hey I am using the Midifighter Twister with the Black Box no problem! In the Utility I can set the knobs to output any midi note / cc I want. I would be surprised if this wasnt possible for the 3D ... On another note: Any way to get the Black Box to send midi note values to change the LEDs of the Midifighter? FOr example light up when a sample is played etc... thanks a million

Comment

I did get my Blackbox and have tried it with my midi fighters and can confirm that it works. So I was wrong...

Ableton uses c3 as the middle c and Blackbox uses c4 so that why I was confused and have been searching for a solution and even bought a midi device to transpose the signal that I now don't need because its plug and play.... ( the bomebox midi utility device )

As for the lights on the midi fighter twister you will find in the documentation what midi cannel and what velocity corresponds to what color on the twister. I have not tried it myself because I don't need that feature but if I do I will let you know... It should work.

peace from Norway!

Inge

Comment

I use my BB with a MF3D as well. It worked fine out of the box, no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Painting Silence View Post
                              Hey I am using the Midifighter Twister with the Black Box no problem! In the Utility I can set the knobs to output any midi note / cc I want. I would be surprised if this wasnt possible for the 3D ... On another note: Any way to get the Black Box to send midi note values to change the LEDs of the Midifighter? FOr example light up when a sample is played etc... thanks a million
                              Can you provide the mappings for the MFT? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X