No announcement yet.

Using a Blackbox with a Midifighter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, there is no real mapping for it. All you have to do is set the midi note values corresponding to the black box sheet in the manual. Then you go to the black box setting and set pad input device to Omni. Or you change midi input in individual cells whichever works best for you. Sorry for late reply!!

Comment

Hello, apologies for digging out an ancient thread. I'm interested in getting the twister version, possibly as well the 3d. Can anyone tell me if the onboard step-sequencer advertised in their videos works with the bb? Or is that a feature exclusive to Traktor only?

Comment

Can you help me out with some midifighter twister questions for use with the blackbox?
        1. Can I configure a knob so that it controls the level and the filter for a pad; such that pressing the knob toggles back and forth between the level and filter?
        2. does the device configuration support the idea of long press vs short press. e.g. a short press on a given knob maybe triggers a pad, while a long press can toggle between different knob functions?

Comment

Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
          Can you help me out with some midifighter twister questions for use with the blackbox?
          1. Can I configure a knob so that it controls the level and the filter for a pad; such that pressing the knob toggles back and forth between the level and filter?
          2. does the device configuration support the idea of long press vs short press. e.g. a short press on a given knob maybe triggers a pad, while a long press can toggle between different knob functions?
          1. Technically it should be possible but I tried mapping knobs of the MFT to Filter, Pitch, and Level and I was only able to map one to the filter parameter. And when I tried remapping to another knob I was unable to do so. There is something not right. I tried this in 1.7.F and 1.9.B. I’m not sure if its something to do with the controller, buggy SW, or how the BB interprets the incoming midi…

2. The MFT utility supports a bunch of different knob/button modes like CC/note toggle or hold and a few others but no option for long/short press.
          Last edited by BBisfun; 09-16-2021, 05:42 AM. Reason: I was wrong. The MFT utility doesn’t let you configure the button press to switch the cc value of an encoder.

Comment

• shankiphonic
            shankiphonic commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks for the feedback - not terrible encouraging tho....

shankiphonic I tried this again in another project and I got the mapping working with filter pitch and level. Don’t know why it wasn’t working the first time. I realized MFT actually won’t let you toggle the encoder between two cc values with a knob press.

BUT the MFT has 4 PAGES of knobs. You can scroll through them on the fly using the buttons on the side. I tried switching to another page and this works so essentially you’ll have 64 knobs to play with on the BB. I’m happy with this instead.

There is another controller the faderfox ec4 very similar, I wonder if it accomplishes exactly what you want?
          Last edited by BBisfun; 09-16-2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• shankiphonic
            shankiphonic commented
            Editing a comment
            Being able to scroll through pages essentially does the same thing, as far as I'm concerned. that is encouraging.
            thanks for digging into it.
        Working...
        X