Numark orbit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numark orbit

Anybody use a Numark Orbit with the blackbox yet?
    if its possible, then I will then attempt to connect a 8bitdo nes30 controller to it via bluetooth dongle.

I have an Orbit and can confirm that it works. I'm not sure about the NES30. As long as it sends MIDI over USB it should work, too.

Comment

Any way you could send a screen shot of the orbit editor screen, and a screen shot of the bb screen? I take information easier when I can visually see it.

Comment

On the Blackbox, navigate to TOOLS > MIDI In. Set the Pads Channel to 1. Keys Channel to None.
        I used the note numbers from page 49 in the bb manual for Pads. You could also use another bank to trigger Sequences.

This editor was created in MaxMSP. It no longer opens as a standalone on a Mac (running Mojave). Since I own Max, I am able to break into the app and run directly from Max. You may or may not be able to open the editor depending on your OS. I would guess it is a 32/64 bit issue and it looks like Numark has not updated/compiled this in some time.

Let me know how it works for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OrbitEditorMain.png
Views:	68
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	10847‚Äč

Comment

Thank you for your timely response. Last night I was successfully able to map the orbit using a .json file from the Orbit Software Mapping on the ozone website to the Numark Orbit Editor. With help from the manual I was able to see 36 thru 51 were the note numbers for one shots. Only problem was the mapping I had loaded fell on bank 3, so I shifted them and the C1/C#1 notes may be wrong or something. So I'm a little closer, but still working on it. I will try again tonight.

Comment

https://www.inspiredacoustics.com/en...er_frequencies

I will try to line up the numbers accordingly tonight using a table from this chart.

Comment

• Steve J
              Steve J commented
              Editing a comment
              Check the note numbers in the photo I uploaded.

Yes, I see the note numbers. I was thinking the octaves may need to be adjusted, like the manual says. I am referring to the octave column on the right of the note number.

Comment

• Steve J
              Steve J commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be fine with just the note numbers. The octave issue is usually dependant on C3 or C4 being middle C. Note numbers never change.

I recently updated the firmware and I see there is an issue with the blackbox restarting itself. I will leave the updated file in there and see after it restarts. Thank you.

Comment

• Steve J
              Steve J commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you specifically having this issue? Which Firmware version do you have installed?

1.4.0 or 1.4.1.

Comment

Working...
            X