Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Modulation

Hi,

Today I tried to record the Modulation via my Midi Keyboard. I can hear the Pitch Bend Modulation while Im playing. But I thought this also would affect the recording. Is it possible to hear the played Modulation on the recorded Sequence?

I couldnt read specific Details on page 41 of the Manual (Advanced Features)

That was the reason I bought the BB, because my Digitakt cant do this. I would be so happy, if my played modulation could be recroded.
    Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Krusty45525; 02-02-2020, 09:21 AM.

The BB doesn't record any automation (as of current firmware 1.4). You could use resampling as kind of workaround, but that's not so convenient.
    There are already some posts in the wishlist, keep fingers crossed this will someday be possible.

Comment

Ahh, thanks! Okey, so I missunderstood that. But all right, resampling is a good idea.
      Is at least any gear out there, which can record such modulations? I thought the OT can do but the DT not?

Anyway thanks for the reply and I hope the BB get this update someday.

Comment

I use a Yamaha RS7000 for MIDI sequencing, which can do that easily and more. But its sampler is too slow and uninspiring.
        There are lot of recent machines out there which can do lots of things, Deluge, Pyramid, Squid, Force, MC 707, Electrons, MPCs , Electribes, etc. etc., but who wants to spend all the time to try them all, just to find out that it doesn't suit you or has some firmware quirks that are never adressed.
        Last edited by Zapman; 02-02-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Pyramid is very good.
          I no longer use the sequences on the bb since I got the pyramid.
          I noticed also that way you reduce the resource usage and you can apply reverber and delay even on every cell/sample.

Comment

Originally posted by alemass View Post
            Pyramid is very good.
            I noticed also that way you reduce the resource usage and you can apply reverber and delay even on every cell/sample.
            Just got my Pyramid.
            As I`m quite a noob with MIDI, sequencing, etc... it initially seems really intimidating (steep learning curve). I keep glancing over at my Korg SQ-1, wondering if she would do just fine sequencing my BB after all. Anyway, something tells me the payoff will be huge once I learn the Pyramid to pair it with my BB, among other gizmos...

Comment

Originally posted by alemass View Post
              Pyramid is very good.
              How do you connect the Pyramid to the BB? USB or din? I'm this close to getting a BB, thinking it would go so nicely with the Pyramid.

Comment

Midi Din.
                they work very well together.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapman View Post
                  The BB doesn't record any automation (as of current firmware 1.4). You could use resampling as kind of workaround, but that's not so convenient.
                  There are already some posts in the wishlist, keep fingers crossed this will someday be possible.
                  Does this also apply to the sustain/hold pedal?
                  I also noticed, recording midi in a sequence from an external keyboard, I can't hold notes (as work around for the missing hold pedal). Velocity does get recorded, but that's about it. Would this also be something for the wish list? (running firmware 1.5 so far)

Comment

Originally posted by aixemlyvic View Post

Does this also apply to the sustain/hold pedal?
                    I also noticed, recording midi in a sequence from an external keyboard, I can't hold notes (as work around for the missing hold pedal). Velocity does get recorded, but that's about it. Would this also be something for the wish list? (running firmware 1.5 so far)
                    To hold notes, put the Pad in gate mode instead of trigger.
                    I think this topic is already on the wishlist for a long time. Hope it will eventually come true someday.

Comment

Working...
                    X