X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    It is more of a prudent habit. I don't think you need to reformat until you see issues. But I work every day with my 1010 devices and I have roughly 10 cards that I swap (for various reasons). So for me, it is easier to stay on top of formatting.

also, when formatting does present an issue, it can be time-consuming to track it down. Those are the most frustrating issues for us to solve.

• Georges
    replied
    Steve Formatting regularly does not speak in favour of blackbox’s file system, have you actually observed any strange streaming behaviour absent such abundant formatting, or is it just a prudent habit of your’s?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I might be overdoing it but I'd rather be safe.

• alemass
    replied
    Ok I will do that

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    Always. In fact, I have acquired a new habit of formatting regularly - once monthly.

• alemass
    replied
    HI STEVE Do you format the card even when it is new.
    I VE just bought the pro 128 gb version.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    I added the Kingston Canvas Select Plus microSD to this list. This card is the stock card for bitbox mk2 and bitbox micro. The outcome of testing this new card is in line with my experiences with 'A' rated cards. This card didn't stutter or even hiccup once. Absolutely zero issues recording, playing, and syncing all 16 pads.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    I don't believe you will see a noticeable difference by using a UHS-II card - on the blackbox. We did just open up the access speed for our devices to better facilitate the streaming of larger (or more) samples, simultaneously. I see the best overall performance from cards with an 'A1' or 'A2' designation.

• sydilaxe
    replied
    Hi Steve,
    Is there any benefit from UHS-II cards? I am currently using a Sandisk Extreme, but I am wondering if the Blackbox can take advantage of the UHS-II speeds on some of the higher speed cards.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by ernotron View Post
    whats the maximum capacity allowed for the sd card please? how do I load pads?
    I have successfully used a 1TB card. One of my regular cards for capturing is 512GB. Both work well. Make sure to use a reliable formatting tool. SD Card Formatter is a great option - and free!

Touch Pad > Touch Load (upper right) > Touch Load on selected WAV

Leave a comment:

• ernotron
    replied
    whats the maximum capacity allowed for the sd card please? how do I load pads?

Leave a comment:

• fabioneves
    replied
    Originally posted by Fotopaul View Post
    fabioneves Is this the card that works well ?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/produc...AKR8XB7XF&th=1

Thank you!
    It's not the exact same one but the specs match, I'd go for it!

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for sharing this.

• Fotopaul
    replied
    fabioneves Is this the card that works well ?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/produc...AKR8XB7XF&th=1

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• scottmoon
    replied
    I've been having good luck with this one so far. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X