pairing my blackbox with my digitakt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pairing my blackbox with my digitakt

Hello, I have trouble pairing my blackbox with my digitakt. I want to make the blackbox the slave, but I can't sync them properly. Start/stop won't work, no BPM sync. When it's the other way around, it works fine. I still run firmware 1.3 and I'm a little hesitant to update it, because it works fine, and I don't want to mess my setup up.
    Btw does anyone know if there's a decksaver or cover coming in the near future?

I just hooked my Diditakt and BlackBox together via midi, Digitakt as master and BB as slave.
    Digitakt set to ‘Clock Send’ in the DT Midi menu, midi cable from ‘Midi Out Sync A’ (the middle of the three 5pin midi) on the DT to the ‘Midi IN’ on the BB via the supplied TRsMidi adaptor.
    Finally, in the BlackBox ’Tools’ menu/button, under the ‘MIDI In’ tab, I have ‘ClockSource’ set to ‘Midi Port’.

They are running in sync and both start with the DT’s play button.
    I am the most current BB firmware, 1.4.3.
    Are your settings and connections the same?

Good luck, I’m sure we can figure it out.

Comment

Don't have the DT anymore, but 9 out of 10 times my DT was in Overbridge mode when things werent working.

Comment

I haven't been able to sync the BB to Digitakt using the USB port, but through MIDI it has been reliable.

Comment

It is impossible for them to talk to each other through USB without a brain in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect Frequencies View Post
            It is impossible for them to talk to each other through USB without a brain in between.
            OK, but it's easy enough to get a midi controller to work on the same port, and the Digitakt is class compliant - if I recall correcly, note data went through fine.

Comment

Working...
            X