Desktop Stand for Blackbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Stand for Blackbox

JohnPark I printed one of these yesterday....loving it so far. I need to find some small rubber feet. Thanks for the design!!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2225.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	11639

Thanks for letting me know, glad you like it! And, yes, rubber feet are an excellent idea.

Comment

In case anyone wants to print one of these... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3854032

I have printed 4 and use them daily!

Comment

Nice! I only printed one -- I still need to print one for my Bluebox!

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          My blue filament just arrived!

anyone selling printed stands by chance?

Comment

• sirshannon
          sirshannon commented
          Editing a comment
          I was wondering the same thing.
          I would buy one, assuming it's not too expensive.

I just want to add my thanks to John here. I just got one printed recently. Very nice!

Comment

Yay! Very welcome.

Comment

Has anyone offered these up for sale anywhere? I'd love to have some but I don't own a 3d printer.

Comment

• yamakazi666
              yamakazi666 commented
              Editing a comment
              You can find many local 3D printer in medium sized city, or you can order it to a online service !

It would be helpful to have some places in my back pocket, I live in LA so there should be plenty. Anyone have LA and/or online reccos?

Comment

Inspired by this great work of John Park I tried to design a lightweight version.
              See: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5441374

Maybe not so stable, needs rubber feet too and might work for a bluebox too.

Regards
              deetee

Comment

• jayneural
                jayneural commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice ! How about one that locks on it and accommodates a battery under the BB ?

• deetee
                deetee commented
                Editing a comment
                Good idea - A multifunctional stand. I wonder if a stand can be used as decksaver or transport cover too?
                Unfortunately the top side has another size than the bottom side - space for knobs and buttons - a challenge for a good 3d-print-designer ...

This kept nagging me - after some hours of 3D-design I proudly present my first attempt to design both - a stand and desksaver (all in one) with some space for battery and cables.

See: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5446132

This solution is very voluminous and far from 'lightweight'. The printing time depends on infill factor, printing resolution and printing speed. With 10%, 0.2 mm and 40 mm/s my (cheap) printer printed more than 11 hours!

Finally I got serious thermal problems (cracks and deformations) with my 'hard' filament (ABS) but the shape works as designed - that's why I recommend a 'soft' PLA (or a better printer),

Regards
              deetee

Comment

deetee that is super awesome ! Thank you !

would this kind of stick on the unit’s either side as it’s sized exactly to behave so or is it loose and I need to somehow fix it ?

If not if I may suggest an improvement is to leave some space for standard sized magnets

Comment

deetee your next challenge my friend is the same stand but as « duo stand » for Blackbox and Bluebox . They would be better side to side. I would not suggest to put it on the top and more elevated as this will lose a lot in portability.

i wish I had your skills in 3D design.

Comment

Thanks - I'm glad you like it.

So far I didn't print a convenient prototype - because of my thermal problems - but I ordered some PLA filament. I would be glad if anyone can print a prototype and share his experiences and wishes for improvement.

And yes - as you assumed - there is no fixing connection between the stand an the blackbox.

When using as stand you don't need a fixation.
                    At least when transporting the blackbox I thought on some rubber tape solution - or the BB is fixed/pressed between books and stuff in a bag anyway.

I find your idea of magnets very charming - that would be no problem to design some capable holes - but which size and which position? and has everbody easy acces to this type of magnets?

Last but not least - I don't own a bluebox. But as I saw on pictures the bluebox has the same dimensions as the blackbox. With one difference: The bluebox has some front plugs (midi) near the SD card slot. As you might see on my pictures at thingiverse the stand covers the blackbox approximately to the half of the screws (so the overlapping part of the SD card is 'covered' and protected by the stand. To 'cut out' space/holes for the midi sockets is easy but I need some dimensions of the sockets (and potentially thick cable plugs).

A 'duo stand' for black - and bluebox seems easy too - but that's really big stuff for printing (even my printer doesn't support this dimensions).

Thanks for any ideas - I'm sure: Version 2 is close :-)

Regards
                    deetee

Comment

• jayneural
                      jayneural commented
                      Editing a comment
                      First let me say I (and I’m sure I’m not the only one) really appreciate your contribution for the community.

Regarding the magnets it’s indeed not easy. I haven’t printed yet the model (as I don’t have a printer and I’ll need to go to a friend to do that). So not easy to give you an idea on how to implement it. I would say probably leaving some flat space on a place where the case touches the top of the BB on each side so that one can stick any small and quite thin magnet.

Now regarding the dual dock idea, yes it needs the dimension specs of where the ports are for the Bluebox. I’m in holidays right il and I don’t have it with me but someone will hopefully be able to tell us.

You are right regarding the fact it will make a big surface and so hardly printable on any of our home printers. That complicates the design a bit because the only way I see it happening is by creating two peaces that we could assemble.

Maybe one other more reasonable combination would be a case that would accommodate a Korg NTS-1 with the Blackbox. These two units complete each other so much as well (sound engines + great choice FX that the Blackbox currently lacks).

These 3D printed stands look truly amazing. I’m in awe of the time and effort that went into perfecting them.

I needed something taller and more angled forward, as my Blackbox will end up on the lower tier of my equipment caddy. Another Blackboxer recommended this product:

Tablet Stand Holder Adjustable, OMOTON T1 iPad Stand, Desktop Aluminum Tablet Dock Cradle Compatible with iPad Air 4/Mini, New iPad 10.2/9.7, iPad Pro 11/12.9, Samsung, Nintendo and More, Grey https://a.co/d/fSXTdT0

I received mine a few weeks ago, and can attest that it works very well when you want the Blackbox higher up.

Aa a bonus, this stand is a fantastic iPad holder when im
                    traveling and don’t have my K&M mic stand-mounted tablet holder.

Comment

• deetee
                      deetee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
                      To minimize the volume and size of my stand/decksaver I used the same 'natural' angle of the blackbox (5.8 degrees) - so in total my stand 'angle forwards' the blackbox (top) with 11.6 degrees (which is much less than the tablet stand you recommend).
                  Working...
                  X