Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resampling with guitar effects pedals

Hi folks

Is it possible to resample by sending the audio out into an effects pedal, then back into the BB? I've tried it with a few different pedals and it doesn't work.

Is there something I'm not doing, or is it fundamentally not possible because of different signals or something?

Thanks,

J

Totally possible. Music from out1/2/3/headphone to pedal and back to In.

Comment

Am I perhaps not using the correct cables then? As an example, this is what I tried (out into Boss, into Radar, then the headphone out into the BB):

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-2004.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	911.9 KB
ID:	11683

Comment

Should be fine. But levels can be very low, so maybe you could try to carefully pump up the gain on the info page of the pad you are sampling into. Also make sure you have selected the right input on that pad page (left or right, not resample). And is monitoring 'on'? (not at home, I think you can find that in the tool pages)

And again: be careful with the levels of all equipment, when testing the routing

Comment

Originally posted by Hooger View Post
          Should be fine. But levels can be very low, so maybe you could try to carefully pump up the gain on the info page of the pad you are sampling into. Also make sure you have selected the right input on that pad page (left or right, not resample). And is monitoring 'on'? (not at home, I think you can find that in the tool pages)

And again: be careful with the levels of all equipment, when testing the routing
          Thanks, I'll try again. I think what happened when I tried was that I just got the same audio out as what went in. I mean, I got a new sample into the pad, but it was identical to the sound that went in, as if it had bypassed the pedal completely. Will explore again...

Comment

Hooger Ah ok, so beginners mistake: I just set it to 'resample' as I figured that's what I was doing. So what should that section be set to?

Comment

Left or right (if its mono) or left + right if your effect has a stereo output.

Comment

Working...
              X