Sharing PSETs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing PSETs

As we now with Firmware 1.5 have the possibility to pack/consolidate all samples of a pset into one folder and also have this great blackbox users community here, it would be great to share complete PSETs (as a zipped folder).
    That would be a great way to:
    - share ready to use multisamples or drumsets
    - remix stuff
    - inspect/learn creative ways how others use the BB

Since these PSET zips will be likely a bit larger, I don't think it can be hosted in this forum.
    So anybody know a good site for hosting this ?

Totally agree, that would also allow sharing of device MIDI mapping templates via PSET files or possible future dedicated file.

Comment

google drive? Dropbox?

Comment

Let's do drop box. Totally down to start something like this! I actually tried once but that was back before 1.5

Comment

Ok here's my first share.* Someone else want to hook me up with instruments? I wouldn't mind traditional instruments or synths. Just trying to increase my multi-sample options.
          Let me know what you think of this pack
          https://www.dropbox.com/s/50aqg72bul...0pack.zip?dl=0

Please note* the pack is zipped so I’m assuming you’ll have to unzip it before dumping it into your SD card or a root file
          Last edited by robertdryer; 03-14-2020, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Is it possible to create psets in bulk on your mac/pc?

So create a 909 kit from Ableton or e.g. a pset with Animoog on ios, and the export it to sd-card/bb?

Comment

Originally posted by robertdryer View Post
            Ok here's my first share. Someone else want to hook me up with instruments? I wouldn't mind traditional instruments or synths. Just trying to increase my multi-sample options.
            Let me know what you think of this pack
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/50aqg72bul...0pack.zip?dl=0
            How do you place your pset on the sd card? I first tried folder 202 in its entirety, but it didnt't show up. Then I exported al the files in the 202 folder, seperately, but still no result.

Comment

• robertdryer
              robertdryer commented
              Editing a comment
              What Zapman said. If You refuse to update to 1.5 then you’ll have to take an older preset you made and use the files I shared (and copy and paste and rename), basically manually clone your own “202” preset using your old one as a template. I did a video how to do that in a previous post on how to create multi-sampled Instruments.just update it’s easier

If you do have 1.5 then just unzip the file and dump the unzipped file onto your SD card or appropriate root file as Zapman mentioned.
              Last edited by robertdryer; 03-14-2020, 04:17 PM.

Originally posted by Hooger View Post

How do you place your pset on the sd card? I first tried folder 202 in its entirety, but it didnt't show up. Then I exported al the files in the 202 folder, seperately, but still no result.
            You have to update to Firmware 1.5, then put the folder under the Presets/ folder in the root.

Comment

Thx guys! Already updated to 1.5, but I was just clueless.

Comment

Did you figure it out tho? Did the pack work?

Comment

Worked like a charm! I already had 1.5 installed when I first tried, but I didn't know I had to put the folder in the preset directory. Thx again!

Comment

@ Zman & RobertD...thanks! Keep it coming

Comment

Hey if it's ok i can create a google drive account just for sharing user's Presets (15 go it's good for beginning). But maybe 1010 team would like to create its own platform for this ? ^^ Steve J what do you think ?

Comment

• Steve J
                        Steve J commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'll look into this

• magicwill
                        magicwill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice ! let me know what's you're going for

Some kind of organizing or tagging would be great.
                      At least something like songs, drumkits, multisamples, loops ...

Comment

I posted a couple stringed instrument psets above.

Comment

Working...
                        X