Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading all drums of a kit into one pad

Is this possible?

In the same way you can add multi-samples from the symplesoundsbundle into one pad, can you quickly do it with the 'rock kit' or whatever?

I've tried the obvious way of using 'load-all' but it doesn't work.

J

If you load each sample individually and assign a root note to it and then save them again, they will load up automatically.
    You could also create a single wave file with all of your samples in a DAW and then load it into the Slicer.
    Last edited by Dan; 03-12-2020, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Create a wave file with all of your one-shots in it and then load it into the Slicer.
      Thought so. So you can't do it all in the box on the fly?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnnnny View Post

Thought so. So you can't do it all in the box on the fly?
        Yes, load up 15 samples, re-sample them to the 16th pad, slice and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect Frequencies View Post

Yes, load up 15 samples, re-sample them to the 16th pad, slice and go.
          Not sure how to do that, but I'll read the manual and find out. Unless you mean play them one after the other while recording?

Comment

• Suspect Frequencies
            Suspect Frequencies commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, exactly.

• jonnnnny
            jonnnnny commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I'm probably being dumb, but can't do it. What's the process? If I start recording in an empty pad, how do I then play the other pads?

Suspect Frequencies Ah, did you mean create a sequence with each drum, playback and resample? I wouldn't be able to fit all 15 into 128 length, so I guess record two sequences and play as a song to record from? Or have I missed something stupidly basic about making sequences longer?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnnnny View Post

Suspect Frequencies Ah, did you mean create a sequence with each drum, playback and resample? I wouldn't be able to fit all 15 into 128 length, so I guess record two sequences and play as a song to record from? Or have I missed something stupidly basic about making sequences longer?
            Increase the Step Len parameter of the sequence to 1/2 or 1 bar. Depending on your BPM, that should give each drum hit enough time to play out assuming you have reasonably normal drum sounds. If not you can increase the length even more.

Comment

You might also just play each drum in pad mode during recording. Set "Length" to Custom so you can take every time you want for each drum sound.

Comment

• Morientes
                Morientes commented
                Editing a comment
                It worked fine for me when i started recording from the record parameter menu and switched to pad view not before the Lead In ended.(threshold recording disabled).

its a shame you have to stay on the record page while its counting in, its time you could be using to get ready to record something in real-time, eg unquantized playing

Comment

I think the easiest way to do it is to assign a root note to each of the samples and then load them all as a multi sample, that way you get 4 note polyphony instead of 2 (as doing it with the slices approach). Just remember to have all the samples in the same folder

Comment

On the other hand, by recording into a slice you can adjust volume und panning for each drum sound.

Comment

• Morientes
                    Morientes commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And of course effects, as an example reverb just on the snare
                Working...
                X