Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looping random slices

Hi,
    I saw a video the other day deep down the rabbit hole where someone posted a neat trick with slices. I since cannot relocate this and can't figure out how to do it with my sliced sample.

What he did - he took a long sample sliced up into a large number of slices, 40 - 50 or so, don't recall exactly. He also added a few blank slices to the end. Then he set things up so he was able to play the slices randomly and the entire sequence would play continuously. I recall he likened it to a generative sequence.

I have tried all settings I can set, toggle, trigger, loop on - off, etc. you get the idea. I can play each slice randomly when I hit the pad , but when I try to hit play with playthrough on, it doesn't play the samples randomly even though random is selected',,,

Any ideas? Thanks, -Pete B.

Originally posted by lookseeseen View Post
    What he did - he took a long sample sliced up into a large number of slices, 40 - 50 or so, don't recall exactly. He also added a few blank slices to the end. Then he set things up so he was able to play the slices randomly and the entire sequence would play continuously. I recall he likened it to a generative sequence.

I have tried all settings I can set, toggle, trigger, loop on - off, etc. you get the idea. I can play each slice randomly when I hit the pad , but when I try to hit play with playthrough on, it doesn't play the samples randomly even though random is selected'
    This might help...

How to create generative ambient sequences on 1010music blackbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWtuogfm2p4
    Last edited by panspOrmia; 03-22-2020, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• lookseeseen
      lookseeseen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, that's the video I was talking about. I already realized I had to load the pad into a sequence to get it to work..

The Function works as following when you're on the selected pad you wan it to apply :

Slice mode > position > slice seq > random

Better explained page.22 of the manual.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by EaSir_11; 03-22-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• lookseeseen
      lookseeseen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I did use the manual, page 22, but I could only get it to work as described, prompting my question here.

I think I figured it out, however.. what I had to do was make a new sequence, load the pad in the sequence, set the sequence to step 1/4t, step count 1 and quant size 1/4t. Change any of these and it plays a slice twice or 4 times before moving to the next slice... This, along with the settings for the sliced sample itself, seems to work. But only when playing the sequence. If I play the pad, it still repeats one sample only and moves on to the next when you hit play again...

That video explains it pretty well... Or you could check out this video for more explanation
    https://youtu.be/g5QSRH8QTJQ

Comment

Working...
    X