No announcement yet.

Blackbox 1.6 Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Just curious: did you manage to reproduce the strange filter behaviour? Any idea if it can be fixed in a a future firmware upgrade?

Comment

• Originally posted by HprFcs View Post
      Steve Just curious: did you manage to reproduce the strange filter behaviour? Any idea if it can be fixed in a a future firmware upgrade?
      Not yet. I am still looking at this and other issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post

Not yet. I am still looking at this and other issues.
        No worries, was just wondering if you were finally able to see what we see. I’ll go be patient again.

Comment

• Hello,

1. My Blackbox (1.6.5) won't respond to MIDI-IN on the TRS input - have tried several controllers and synths with multiple 5-pin adapters, including KeyStep. Update: I managed to get signal to the TRS-MIDI if I turn hardware on, change channels, and make wired connection in a certain order.

2. My Blackbox responds to MIDI via USB from KeyStep for anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds, then stops and won't work again. Plug/unplug/restarts have no effect. If I go away for a couple hours and come back and fire everything up again, it will work for another 10-60 seconds, then stop again. Tried several cables. Same behavior happens with Korg microKey.

3. Also, is there a bug tracker? I couldn't tell if this is already reported. Don't want to add noise.

Regards
          Last edited by leMel42; 07-24-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leMel42 View Post
            Hello,

1. My Blackbox (1.6.5) won't respond to MIDI-IN on the TRS input - have tried several controllers and synths with multiple 5-pin adapters, including KeyStep. Update: I managed to get signal to the TRS-MIDI if I turn hardware on, change channels, and make wired connection in a certain order.
            I'm assuming you tried the 1010 MIDI TRS adapters? Can you tell me more about the setup here? Other gear, etc?

2. My Blackbox responds to MIDI via USB from KeyStep for anywhere from 10 to 60 seconds, then stops and won't work again. Plug/unplug/restarts have no effect. If I go away for a couple of hours and come back and fire everything up again, it will work for another 10-60 seconds, then stop again. Tried several cables. Same behavior happens with Korg microKey.
            How are you powering the KeyStep?

3. Also, is there a bug tracker? I couldn't tell if this is already reported. Don't want to add noise.
            This thread or the "support" thread for a product.

I have a few ideas for you but am looking for more info first.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply!

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              I'm assuming you tried the 1010 MIDI TRS adapters? Can you tell me more about the setup here? Other gear, etc?
              Since I haven't been able to replicate #1, I'm going to assume I made a connection mistake somewhere. Also, I may have lost track of my settings on global MIDI input vs. individual pad MIDI input. At any rate, I'm not having any problems with this any more.

How are you powering the KeyStep?
              Korg microKeys can only be powered via USB. They have only a single USB-B and a footswitch input.

When I saw the microKey was intermittently dropping off, I switched to the KeyStep. The KeyStep is being powered through Blackbox's USB host.

The Blackbox is powered from an AC-connected powered charging hub. There is no other gear in the configuration.

This thread or the "support" thread for a product.

I have a few ideas for you but am looking for more info first.
              Ok, thanks! No rush, I'm just an amateur, experimenting for now.

Comment

• Hello some feedback on 1.6.5 firmware :

Once again all the bug we report since more than 6 month are stil here on basic stuff and its start to be really anoying...

Since 1.5 firmware :

- ADSR still not working !!! Decay is not reacting all time and we have to reset the attack to 0 for having the decay back again on a multisample or simple sample.

- Filter is still not working on multisample , its like he works for couple of notes and jump sometimes off letting random notes pass thrue...

Really we dont ask nothing new cause everything is always refused but can we have basic stuff like ADSR and Filter working ??? So we we can at least do a live set without glitch ...

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blond12 View Post
                  Hello some feedback on 1.6.5 firmware :

- ADSR still not working !!! Decay is not reacting all time and we have to reset the attack to 0 for having the decay back again on a multisample or simple sample.

- Filter is still not working on multisample , its like he works for couple of notes and jump sometimes off letting random notes pass thrue...

Thanks.
                  Hi Blond12, does either issue happen consistently on the same multisample (or even same preset)? Can you share a preset or some specific steps to repro? I need to understand more about your setup and other operations going on the blackbox, etc. are you using an external controller?

I'm sorry you have had this bad experience. However, I will do what I can to help you solve the issues you mention. I will need as much info as you can give me - or specific steps to reproduce. I still need to see it on my end in order to fix it.

thanks for the report

Comment

• The filter problem sounds like what I reported about earlier. Again, IMHO it’s a memory leak thing.

Comment

• Steve
                      Steve commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it may be. These types of issues are sometimes difficult to fix if we cannot see them for ourselves.

• Steve i'll make a vidéo this weekend showing you.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X