Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tested 1.5.J :

- audio glitches / cracks as soon as I use granular

- otherwise no crashes or reboots, everything else seems to work fine.

Basically granular unusable at this point.

Sdcard used : Sandisk 400GB A1 exFat formated.

Comment

• I waited and finally updated to 1.5 now 1.5 j and no midi with synth or controller

Comment

• RMG___
        RMG___ commented
        Editing a comment
        is there any chance you are using a card with no presets saved? midi in was broken for me until I made a new preset

• NoParades
        NoParades commented
        Editing a comment
        holy. shit. where was this info a couple weeks ago when I started pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my midi host jack was toast with 1.5. Thanks RMG__ you are a true hero of the internet.

• ChicoC
        ChicoC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! I have this issue with all 1.5 versions (1.4.3 works)... Did you find a way to solve it? Thanks

• No midi is a no-no, but I know 1010 will fix it soon so that no midi is no more, you know?

Comment

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        Eagerly waiting for your next track release :P

• Also Tested 1.5.J :
      The same project in 1.5.1 with all pads and seq paying make in 1.5.J audio glitches and cracs. And also flashing white buttons.

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        how are you powering the blackbox?

• wawakal
        wawakal commented
        Editing a comment
        With powersupply that came with Backbox. In 1.5.1 works same preset correctly.

• denizgarout
        denizgarout commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the same for me. when I go back to an older firmware everything works again

• 1.5.j
      as I know everything works fine except slicer
      I took amen break put into slicer, chop it into 16 pieces, go to keys pad, after that I presse info, and saw my 16 slices, but they playing incorrect, first play full sample second play shorter version without beginning, next shorter until last one play last hit
      May be I just don't understand mechanics

Comment

• There are a few settings that determine how your slices playback. From the Grid keyboard, you will only see keys that have slices assigned. If you touch each key in succession, you should hear each slice. This keys grid allows you to instantly playback any of the slices. If you enable PlayThru; ON you can start at any slice and the file will play to the end - starting from the selected slice. You can also play with the Slice Seq parameter to determine the order you want to step through the slices.

Comment

• DAUU45
          DAUU45 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're the best! Thanks<3

• Hello Aaron

I have not tested the 1.6 yet but it says 16 velocity layers.... which makes me wonder if there is already a way to edit note velocity in the sequencer. Or do I need to use another source to get the velocities recorded?

Best regards,
        mineral

Comment

• Steve
          Steve commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently, velocity editing is not supported in the sequencer.

• I seem to have stumbled on an odd bug. I have junk midi being sent when no midi channels are selected on pads or sequences. It looks to me like somewhere along the various builds some things changed in the back end and it hasn't completely deleted all the previous midi events correctly. This only happens on start / stop playing in song mode. Start /stop with individual sequences doesn't produce the junk midi.

I've tested this with the new version and it seems fine. Looks like this will only be an issue if you had a previous build.
        Attached Files

Comment

• yesterday I thought i accidentally deleted a recording, but then found it again so I deleted the message.
          But then today unfortunaltely it really happened: i created a new preset, gave it a name, loaded it and thought i was recording into it.
          For whatever reason this wasnt the case. I didnt find the new preset and since i recorded in my first pad and my file RC00001 or so from yesterdays session was overwritten. Also the clock didnt go on counting on recording, maybe it was cause it overwrote an existing file, i dont know.
          Basically what I am doing is using blackbox as a portable recorder for modular jams, sometimes recording 40 minutes or so. I love it for this since its also able to put out a clock and has a 3,5mm input and is small on my desk
          I am suggesting to change something to make sure that old files are not overwritten that easily, not sure what it could be, for example by naming every recording after a preset automatically unless you give an own name. Now, we get all kind of RC000001 files in the folders - which wasnt the case when they all were on top of the directory, which may be confusing if you are not in the preset where you expect to be. ( I used 1.5J)
          Last edited by greenman; 05-21-2020, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• So, is there a stable version of 1.6 now? Or is it still a Beta version?

Comment

• underwood
              underwood commented
              Editing a comment
              1.5.J is the beta preview of 1.6. Version 1.5.1 is the latest stable.

• Originally posted by greenman View Post
            yesterday I thought i accidentally deleted a recording, but then found it again so I deleted the message.
            But then today unfortunaltely it really happened: i created a new preset, gave it a name, loaded it and thought i was recording into it.
            Have you saved it after rename? I don't know exact what I've done but I had renamed an existing preset after I've done some changes and the changes where lost, because I forgot to save it under the new name.

Comment

• How do I use the shared voice pool? Any tips? I assume I can trigger different samples from one pad? Or am I incorrect? Also when can we have more than one page of pads?

Edit I see the multi slice play from info keys now. Would like to be able to delete slices if poosible.
              Last edited by inrepose; 05-24-2020, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• underwood
                underwood commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you mean slice points or a slice part from the wav?

• 1.5j : loop fonction in sample not working at all.

Comment

• I noticed two things in 1.5J: When playing the peaslyOB multisample ( I think I had the filter slightly closed )it seems tobto alternating between two different sounds, one of which is brighter. I had it on poly, high quality, gate mode. This is independent of velocity, gate duration, how fast I play, or how many notes I play simultaneously. It's not a huge deal (sounds musical enough, when playing real instruments it doesn't sound exactly the same every time either), but I'm guessing this is a bug of sorts.

In general, when playing polyphonically (which works a whole lot better now), it's easy to run out of headroom (with that same sample at 0 dB gain it clips when playing chords at high velocities). A VU meter per pad would solve this for me.

Otherwise the new firmware is a massive step forwards!

Comment

• Just tested out the new auto multisampling and wanted to point out a couple things. If you have a hardware synth with physical controls, and you want to sample a preset, it appears you will have to move all your knobs and buttons to the stored setting for that preset. I tried sampling a preset on the OB6 and realized after the recording was done that it had recorded the physical settings on the front panel. I wonder if setting up program change on the BB is a way to access the preset parameter values.

Also, with a multitrack synth like the Digitone, I needed to set the patch up on track 1. I tried track four and first tried setting midi out to the auto channel (10) and then the track channel to ch 4 and it recorded the preset on track 1. Perhaps there is another setting on the BB that will allow for this. Otherwise, it worked great!
                  Edit1: realized that I should be auto sampling on ch 1
                  Edit2: Holy polyphony!
                  Last edited by gphipps; 05-30-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X