broke my firmware:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broke my firmware:(

I tried to save the firmware update to the original sd card using an android phone; i dont own a computer. After pressing back and info the screen displayed software installer, then started to flicker, there was letters on the bottom half of the screen for about ten cycles of the screen turning on and off. Now it just flashes grey

Also tried using another sd card; said software installer, then flashing consistently.
    Last edited by digitaldidge; 05-18-2020, 07:59 AM.

Please keep trying. We designed the bootloader so that no matter what happens you should be able to recover.

Here is another thing to try: Hold Back while powering up. If everything is OK, you will enter test mode with lots of gray screens.

Let us know if you are still stuck.

Comment

• digitaldidge
      digitaldidge commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the test mode grey screens in the bottom half of the screen? I have seen such a screen shortly after entering software installer on most attempts. Now attempting with version 111 with no joy; first a few attempts with screen flashing, then blackbox refused to enter installer mode.

So.. holding back didnt work. I replaced the file on the sim card with version 1.5j. The blackbox then booted.. in version 1.06, as opposed to 1.02. I then attempted the software instalment again, and i got the same result. Before attempting this i checked for any noticable changes to the software, and found everything to be as before. Hence i attempted to install the update. My audio files were thankfully not affected.

Comment

I give up. I have made another attempt with 1.3.5
      My blackbox says it is operating on version 1.06, and is refusing to respond to my pressing back and info while booting. All presets and audio files are present and working. I guess my blackbox just doesnt want to resample.
      It however loading my files much faster

Comment

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        Here are some things to consider:
        Start with a freshly formatted microSD. USe FAT32 for cards 32GB and smaller, use exFAT for cards larger than 32GB.
        Add the BLACKBOX.BIN file to that card, insert, hold INFO & BACK for a second or two before powering on. Keep them held until the programming begins

Sometimes, people do not hold the two buttons long enough. I had a situation last week where I thought I was holding them in but they were not fully depressed. I'm not 100% sure that you can (successfully) complete the file transfer over Android. Will it work? maybe? But That could also be the problem.

• Steve
        Steve commented
        Editing a comment
        Also, you download a BLACKBOXxxx.zip file that you unpack into a BLACKBOX.BIN file. THAT is the file the blackbox needs to update.

Its updated! I tried all the updates chronologically on a fat32 sd card, and eventually left it as was with 1.5j installed. Eventually it displayed installer, errasing, etc. This happened after booting, i pressed the buttons but nothing happened, a few seconds later it installed. I put the whole thing down to the use of android. Many thanks for the advice. Blessings to you fabulous creators.

Comment

Working...
      X