Beyerdynamics DT 770series: fits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyerdynamics DT 770series: fits?

Hi everybody! This little machine shows some nice sound quality!!!Time to upgrade tho a new pair of headphones. Anyone has experience with the 770 series and blackbox? Witch impedence model works well with the machine? Does it gets up to 250 Ohms, or I have to go down belove for not loose volume or spatiality? Thanks for the eventual suggestions and info

I've been using a 250 ohm one for about a month. Haven't used it with the BB too much yet, but for me it's perfectly fine. It gets loud enough for most cases. In a very loud environment (when you want to wear earplugs under the headphones) it probably won't cut it, but I'm guessing that's not what you're going for.

Comment

We designed the blackbox headphone output to go all the way down to low impedance headphones, which requires the most current. The number was something like 32 Ohms if I recall correctly. 250 Ohms should work great.

Comment

Nice! I thought that high impedance headphones where the most difficult to work with! Now I' m thinking about the 250 one, dt 990... who knows if using the monitoring imput I can use the blackbox as a portable amplifier for my phone music... not the best idea on the sound quality, probably, I' m not an expert.... but should it work fine? I mean also raising the input gain is a great function so it could be useful if not having an amplifier i would like to listen and sample nicely... what do you guys think?

Comment

It should work, but we haven't tried that exact pairing.

Comment

Ahaha but wasn't the dt 990 the one present at the advertising of the product?
            https://youtu.be/EHsoBQfYtx0
            aren't these the 250 ohm opened model?
            kind regards

Comment

Most music gear stores have a return policy. Why not buy a pair and try them out? Then you'll know one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Yamanta View Post
                Nice! I thought that high impedance headphones where the most difficult to work with! Now I' m thinking about the 250 one, dt 990... who knows if using the monitoring imput I can use the blackbox as a portable amplifier for my phone music... not the best idea on the sound quality, probably, I' m not an expert.... but should it work fine? I mean also raising the input gain is a great function so it could be useful if not having an amplifier i would like to listen and sample nicely... what do you guys think?
                The 250 ohm dt770 works fine with my phone (Nokia 8). Doesn't get super loud and I do have to turn up the volume, but it's not an issue. My phone's DAC kinda sucks at the lowest volume settings anyway. The 990 is open back, so maybe less suitable for use outside the studio.

Comment

Finally followed the suggestion to try and see! Got the 770 pro 80 ohms, thank you for all the advices and suggestions, I' m looking forward to seeing how they are so happy cause never had a good sound source! I' m sure they will be okay

Comment

Working...
                  X