critique my sesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critique my sesh

I had some time to myself today and made a little progress learning my way around the blackbox.
    The result is this little groove.
    I got a little closer to the bounce I've been after.
    What do you guys think?

Cool use of vocal samples! Havn't tried that yet. The loop funktion made a nice echo.. Wonder if bidirectional will make some scratching? Time to experiment!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred_Alert View Post
      Cool use of vocal samples! Havn't tried that yet. The loop funktion made a nice echo.. Wonder if bidirectional will make some scratching? Time to experiment!
      if you figure out a repeatable technique for simulating scratching, let me know. One can definitely produce some neat jittery rhythm effects with a tight (or variable size) loop frame, but I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near the sound of a needle on wax.

Comment

the "you like that a lot" has some super loud parts at the beginning of the beat. there's a lack of bass.
        add some chords, maybe slow the tempo a little and pitch everything down. like the dude talking is fine, the kid needs to be pitched down, if you get chords pitch them down, the horn needs to be pitched down.
        good little groove tho

Comment

reverb and delay too

Comment

Working...
          X