Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappointment

sorry to say but I am very disappointed in blackbox,
    that said I would like to point out that I bought this device whit a lot of expectation (youtube vid's and such)
    i am now using this device extensively and am running into a major kind of issues.
    i was hoping for a stable firmware but instead it brought me a lot of other issues
    i was thinking of bringing this thing in my live set but there is nooooo way im going to try this
    on the midi side of things there is a lot of work to do, I am triggering samples that I have muted in the mix (I use midi)
    and after a while I cannot load samples anymore and have to reboot.
    and there is a lot of other funny things going on
    at first I was doubting my self but after a while I really had to point out that it was blackbox fooling me
    I love the concept and when it works it does what it should do but after a while it becomes flaky and start f%^&*n things up
    what about wait a while before launching a new firmware an test it extensively and throw a stable firmware
    i am really at the point of selling it and go for an octatrack or mpc one or such (which I don't like!!!!)
    but it seems like this is proven technology which works.........
    I hope I did not ruin your day but I feel really shitty whit a box that not do what I want it to do

kind regards geer

sorry but I am kinda frustrated solving shizzz a whole Friday night instead of making music.........peace!!

Comment

Having to reboot to load more samples? Are you sure you know what you’re doing?

Comment

• subsequent
        subsequent commented
        Editing a comment
        seriously? know what your doing???

• subsequent
        subsequent commented
        Editing a comment
        all i am asking for is that a 600 euro peace is handling audio and midi well. not buggy not flaky but thight. i am not interested in granular shit or whatever, just handle midi and audio as it is supposed to. so dont ask me if i know what i am doing!!!! i chose this unit very carefully after reading and investigating a lot. and for 600 bucks i expected a little more stable maschine

• subsequent
        subsequent commented
        Editing a comment
        by the way... are you using any hardware on stage?
        then you know you relly have to rely on your gear!! thats not the case in this one.. and sure it is a wonderful box and have this nice kind of options but irts for the stage , sorry to say but for me... no

latest 1.6.4 firmware works great so far for me.... on which one are you?

Comment

• subsequent
        subsequent commented
        Editing a comment
        i am at 1.5 now and holding my breath.....

Originally posted by maxman View Post
      latest 1.6.4 firmware works great so far for me.... on which one are you?
      1.6.4 is Badass Good! I have to look for a new flaw now since multisampling is so easy... oh yeah, I still want to be able to import XML midi sequences for chord progressions from Scaler 2, but if I get that I am not sure I will be able to complain about anything at all! I hope that your user experience improves. The 1010music company has been placed amongst a short list of companies that actually listen to end users.

My Pantheon (of companies that listen):
      Blackmagic Design
      Sound Devices
      Izotope
      1010music

Comment

Yes, really. I’m still wondering if you know what you’re doing.

If you’re having problems, maybe you should try asking for help instead of just complaining in a imho rude way. There’s been numerous posts where people actually weren’t doing things the right way, didn’t read the manual or otherwise. 1010music are very helpful and the community is also not too shabby. There’s numerous people here ready to help you. Just ask and maybe you’ll get somewhere.

Comment

We're sorry to hear about the disappointment. Please try the recently released 1.6.4 and the freshly updated manual. We have been working hard to include requests and fix bugs.

One bug that made things frustrating for some users was starting with a blank micro SD card. We have fixed lots of related issues in 1.6.4.

Back when people were playing gigs live an on stage, I have seen a number of artists use blackbox on stage. While it is certainly not perfect, there are plenty of people who rely on it.

Please check it out and let us know.

Comment

Sigh, here we go again. Aaron and Christine always respond to these types of posts (whether it is here or in the FB group) very diplomatically. It seems someone wants to vent every couple of days to the community that the device does not work properly (yet they often don't describe their workflow, or WAV formatting, where they run into issues, etc. - where others could provide recommendations). My first question is usually whether they are using the stock MicroSD (as faster cards yield better results). Anyway, my philosophy when buying new gear:

- Make no assumptions. If some function is not specified or clearly stated, don't assume that the device does it (or will do it in the future). I almost didn't buy a Blackbox because of the highly quantized nature of the sequencer, bar based looping, and structuring around even divisions. I don't assume that there will ever be a free mode, but if we get one- great. I found my own work arounds.

- Do your research. Don't just watch videos, engage the communities with specific questions. Get feedback from people who are actively using the instrument. Read the manual - in this case, it isn't very long.

- Give it two weeks. If you don't gel with it on the first night, keep exploring, asking questions. Sometimes it takes time to settle into an instrument. You may know quickly that it isn't right for you... good, sell it and move on.

Lastly (-- Be humble and you will be rewarded. There are many people in this community, who range from novices to highly regarded professionals . Many use device in the studio and on the stage. We are happy to answer questions and help where we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Please try the recently released 1.6.4 and the freshly updated manual.
              Support section still has 1.5. Can you please provide a link to the updated manual.

Comment

ok guys and girls sorry, let me start by apologizing for my rude behavior.
                i hope everybody understand that i acted out of frustration, i am on the verge of a tour to promote our album. so sorry.....,.....
                i will try the 1.6 iupdate and will come back here if i encounter any problems

Comment

• LukeDix
                  LukeDix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great response subsequent! Peace

That’s great of you, thanks. I can imagine the stress. Let us know what you’re running into and we’ll try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by subsequent View Post
                  ok guys and girls sorry, let me start by apologizing for my rude behavior.
                  i hope everybody understand that i acted out of frustration, i am on the verge of a tour to promote our album. so sorry.....,.....
                  i will try the 1.6 iupdate and will come back here if i encounter any problems
                  I can totally relate to this experience (with other equipment and not the Blackbox). The last thing you want during a tour is to not trust the reliability of your gear. You need to know that it is going to work and not fail on you. Let us know what your experience is after the firmware update.

Comment

what? I am still at 1.5. There is nothing since a month in the firmware downliads. Please help!
                    i am logged in.

Comment

It’s in the firmware section:

https://forum.1010music.com/forum/ta...elease-version

Comment

Thanks! I can download from the Link. But Page-Link shows empty Firmware.

Comment

Working...
                        X