Midi Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi Controller

Hi, I have finally make up my mind and decided the BB 1010 is the bit of gear I want to buy next. I hope, amongst other things, I would be able to take it around with me and with a mic preamp attached, recording vocals as inspiration strikes, hopefully! Next step will be going home and use as a sequencer for my other stuff. I would also like to buy a keyboard midi controller that would go very well with BB 1010. As seen a Novatiion mostly used, but I really would like a few more octaves. What do you use? Any suggestion? Thanks.

Korg Microkey 37 has some great keybed, very playable, though no extra controllers except pitch wheel and mod wheel. If you can afford more money, Yamaha Reface (eg CP or DX) keyboards are also a nice option: nice keybed + decent sounds.

If other features are more important than keybed:
    * arturia keystep (32 mini keys)
    * irig keys 2 (pro) (37 mini or regular keys)

Comment

• galahad
      galahad commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Korg Microkey 37 and it does not work properly with my BB. Is yours working or did you just recommend it as a small midi keyboard in general?

• Georges
      Georges commented
      Editing a comment
      My comment is indeed more general. However, it all boils down to what issue you’re running into, would you care to elaborate?

With USB MIDI you’re usually roaming in USB hell. I’ve got myself some CME widi master bluetooth midi, which pairs my microkey air to any midi DIN capable device. If you don’t like the batteries, the solution is to power the microkey via a midi usb host (eg kenton) with another widi master on its din ports.

Originally posted by Georges View Post
    * arturia keystep (32 mini keys)
    Arturia just upgraded their Keystep lineup with the Keystep 37.
    It has a built in sequencer an a rich set of interfaces, so it could be a really nice companion for the Blackbox.
    As always the Loopop review is outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by jsilence View Post

Arturia just upgraded their Keystep lineup with the Keystep 37.
      It has a built in sequencer an a rich set of interfaces, so it could be a really nice companion for the Blackbox.
      As always the Loopop review is outstanding.
      I can recommend Arturia Keystep 37. Works very well with BB incl. MIDI CC.

Comment

I bought the Novation Launchkey MK3 61 key keyboard. I'll let you know how it goes with the blackbox when I receive it.

Comment

Recently acquired the PreSonus Atom SQ.

I haven’t tested with the Blackbox yet though.

Comment

Anyone using Akai midi keyboard with bb?

Comment

• Suspect Frequencies
              Suspect Frequencies commented
              Editing a comment
              I use an 88 key Akai Pro MPK88 with mine. Also use a Korg Electribe for the pads. I also use a Digitone Keys. They all work fine.
          Working...
          X