Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nelson Baboon
    commented on 's reply
    yes. i know. i spent quite a bit of time looking for specs on cables on amazon, and then i inferred that if i'm not plugging in another device to power it, i might not even need that. Quite a welcome here!

• nuemerik
    replied
    It was already stated in previous posts or maybe the manual that you're looking for a cable with the proper thickness. 28 awg or 24 awg USB cable is what was suggested for replacements.

Leave a comment:

• Spectromat
    replied
    Did I screw up your thread?
    Not at all. just wanted to help but not sure I can

Leave a comment:

• Nelson Baboon
    commented on 's reply
    yes - saw that, but there was also discussion about whether any usb cable would work, etc. Did I screw up your thread?

• Spectromat
    replied
    Hi Nelson, welcome to the forum, I am not sure about the specific use you have, but my question about the cable was because of an issue over a year ago when some glitching occurred when a black box was being underpowered, and the cable was found to be not up to the job.

Leave a comment:

• Nelson Baboon
    replied
    have a blackbox arriving in a couple of days, and need a cable that will work for both midi and power from a powered hub. it's rather difficult, when one doesn't have knowledge of these things, to actually find something that you know will work. None of the a to b usb cables i've found thus far on amazon contain any specs! This is infuriating (I'm betting that I already have cables that will work, but I'd like to be more sure).

edit - i'm inferring that if i don't use the usb device input, and simply use the power usb to a hub, and do midi from the computer, that I'll be ok?
    Last edited by Nelson Baboon; 10-11-2020, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spectromat
    replied
    Great - Just what I was looking for

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Not all USB cables are created equally. Make sure you have one that can deliver 2A @ 5V.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    I think any USB cable should be fine.

You should definitely use the provided power supply though.

Leave a comment:

• Spectromat
    started a topic USB B cable specification?

USB B cable specification?

There was some discussion a while ago regarding the use of the usb B cable that came in the box because of the power draw of the black box, can anyone recommend what cable is required? I don't know much about cable specs.. looking to buy a spare, thanks
Working...
X