Anything special planned for 1010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything special planned for 1010?

Any special plans, contests, giveaways, sound packs planned for October tenth in honor of 1010music?

Or a V2 of the BB firmware. OK I have dreams

Comment

They announced a giveaway for a Blackbox in their instagram and Facebook page. Also they said that there will be a "special announcement", I asked if it was a new BB firmware to which they replied" "much more exciting than that". I don't think they will reveal before the dat, any guesses?

Comment

Blackbox Pro : form factor/size of two BBs side by side, more powerful CPU to have 8 sets of 16 PADS, with 16 physical mini pads on the right, more audio inputs (4 at least), full sized MIDI I/O, CV I/O, secondary host port and built-in but removable battery (they could use a Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic socket or any standard format).

OK I have dreams

Comment

Can we just start by a simple firmware update??? Cause Nothing since July

Comment

• jayneural
            jayneural commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess 1010music developers also have holidays, at least I hope for them !

I prefer waiting a bit and getting a good stable one.
            Last edited by jayneural; 09-27-2020, 12:31 PM.

• Steve
            Steve commented
            Editing a comment
            What is a holiday....??

Wasn't July just 2 months ago? or am I missing something?

Comment

I was really hoping for a long list of guesses. I expect a lot from my forum peeps!

Comment

• jayneural
              jayneural commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the Polyend Tracker on back order.
              \o/ \O/ \o/

Would love to see a tracker sequence input mode on the BB though. That will probably open some creative ideas if we can choose between this or the classic midi note editor and mix the two workflows in the same project !

And yes ! Watching your music scrolling like code in the Matrix looks really fun

• Georges
              Georges commented
              Editing a comment
              I used ProTracker on an Amiga computer in the 90’s. In combination with a sampler, such as the bb, a tracker makes absolutely sense. bb’s seqs mode could easily function in a tracker mode. So +1 for adding a tracker mode to the bb!

• shankiphonic
              shankiphonic commented
              Editing a comment
              how about a "Greybox" edition.
              It's just the blackbox that ships with a whole bunch of samples from the Beatles White album.
              I'm sure royalties would be no issue.... :-p
              ..numba 9, numba 9, numba 9....

Ooh, or what about a "Man in the [Black]box" edition (a la Alice In Chains) that inclkudes a boost/distortion effect that simulates the guitar tone off that track...

this is fun....

Bruh, who else simply said how about a firmware update? Like seriously. It's damn October just about. I'd be ticked if its just new hardware. Top o' that, because the world's a damn pandemic and tons of the world have less monies. Please no. SHAFTED (GTA font style).

Comment

So a firmware update every 60 days, 6 firmware updates per year would be reasonable?

Comment

Originally posted by Suspect Frequencies View Post
                So a firmware update every 60 days, 6 firmware updates per year would be reasonable?
                A semi-quarterly firmware update schedule is arguably ambitious.
                But I'll refrain from presuming to know what the team is capable of.

Assuming the product continues to receive the kind of support (i.e. value add stability updates and improvements) it's getting today, I'm more of favor of seeing valuable updates released when it makes sense.
                Factors to consider:
                1. what's actually prioritized on the roadmap?
                2. level of effort to build those features.
                3. testing, more testing, and bug fixes.
                If they're working on a feature that just can't fit into a 60-day release plan, should there be a update for the sake of a prescribed schedule?
                This is not to say a team shouldn't have goals. That's also important to keep stay on track.
                However, it's not uncommon for software companies to publicly commit to continuous release schedules, (such as new stuff every quarter), only to turn out 1 meaningful release a year, and 3 dot-versions that don't include much. That can be expensive, and all just to support a marketing promise.

Comment

Yea. We need a JJOS type of person/crew to come in, modify the software and start releasing roms. JJOS, that dude pushed the envelope, USING, Akai's firmware, which in turn fed the feature needs to the public consistently, but that also caused Akai to keep up and push the envelope in response.

I know these ain't the same companies, hardware, software, blah blah, etc. However the core concept is the point. Need more updates.

Comment

• jayneural
                    jayneural commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think BB needs a JJOS type of project right now as the dev team is still pretty active improving the firmware.

However, be it from 1010music itself or some other dev, a Tracker type alt OS would be crazy

The, screen, rotary encoders and the buttons on the BB make it a good physical interface for a tracker type workflow.

Originally posted by mycoffeeguy View Post
                  Yea. We need a JJOS type of person/crew to come in, modify the software and start releasing roms. JJOS, that dude pushed the envelope, USING, Akai's firmware, which in turn fed the feature needs to the public consistently, but that also caused Akai to keep up and push the envelope in response.

I know these ain't the same companies, hardware, software, blah blah, etc. However the core concept is the point. Need more updates.
                  them's fightin' words right there

Comment

These guesses are very cold. I'll give you a hint: It's new hardware in a new category for us. More tomorrow.

Comment

• shankiphonic
                      shankiphonic commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So it's a pedal, is it?
                      *The* Stompbox?

I'm relieved it's NOT a blackbox mkII. As a blackbox owner, that would have really bummed me out.
                      Last edited by shankiphonic; 10-09-2020, 09:55 AM. Reason: because I thought of one more thing

“Lunchbox” : food for modular nerds

Comment

Or...1010music takes on Apple with... “Fruitbox” !

Comment

• Steve
                        Steve commented
                        Editing a comment
                        this would be alternate fruitware... I mean firmware!
                    Working...
                    X