Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• particlesintowaves
    commented on 's reply
    That's pretty cool, I'll be keeping an eye out for that.

• Georges
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking exactly the same way before I bought the bb. The apparent portability advantage comes at the cost of having to hook a few adapters and cables in between both devices, unless you use the ipad as a sample source to the bb (lightning to minijack) or if you are okay with playing sd card jockey (still requires the sd card adapter).
    Btw a Kenton USB host may be a more portable option.

• jayneural
    replied
    Check out what CME is trying to accomplish with WIDI master, they’re working on a jack midi version that would get power from the USB host port in the case of the Blackbox, and provide low latency BLuetooth MIDI. Easy to sync with an iPad then.

Leave a comment:

• particlesintowaves
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah I've got a USB-MIDI cable from iConnectivity that works pretty well with the Apple dongle, shame these two can't just directly connect though.

• particlesintowaves
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not sure what your point is. To me, the size and portability of BB and iPad make them go great together. I was simply asking how people are using them.

• Steve
    replied
    The iPad and Blackbox are both MIDI devices. You need a host. I use the iConnectivity mio2 for this. The mio2 is the perfect interface for this and has two 5-pin I/O, 1 USB Host port, 1 USB power port. I connect audio from the HP jack to the blackbox input. It is an easy setup and works well.

Leave a comment:

• Georges
    replied
    Take the bb for what it is and forget about ANY killer combo idea. Already with regular DAWs on computers, there is no convenience workflow whatsoever with bb to make your life any easier, in particular no stem export. It all boils to using bb’s physical I/O.

Regarding MIDI, please check the manual for the precise feature that you are looking for - do not expect the bb to support any sophisticated MIDI message streams.

Leave a comment:

• particlesintowaves
    started a topic Blackbox + iPad workflow

Blackbox + iPad workflow

I don’t have a Blackbox yet however I am hoping to pick one up soon. One thing l occurs to me is it should be an insanely killer and mobile combo with an iPad.

Can anyone using the two together enlighten me about your workflow and tricks? Does iPad MIDI work if you plug straight into the USB host input on BB or do you use an Apple CCK? Any complaints or word of wisdom?
Working...
X