Stand solution for studio and live usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand solution for studio and live usage

I came up with a pretty good solution for my Blackbox/MPD226 setup - the Ahead Practice Pad Stand https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ad-stand-light along with an Arkon deskop tablet mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the idea from various Maschine and MPC users on YouTube and instagram but added a tablet mount to accommodate the Blackbox. I've been using these Arkon tablet mounts for a couple of years now and they work great for all sorts of applications.

I initially used a standard size snare stand with the Blackbox mounted behind the MPD226 but wanted a solution that could be raised up to a comfortable standing position as well as seated, so after a trip to my local Guitar Center to find taller snare stands, a sales rep there recommend an orchestral or concert snare stand. I search a bit for one but I had trouble finding one that wasn't relatively expensive or in most cases, didn't have a huge set of legs. I finally came across the Ahead stand (actually a practice pad stand) which allows me to raise the MPD and BB from a lower, seated position to a higher, standing position easily without removing the tablet mount. Everything mounted quickly and easily, I only had to add a small piece of stiff foam rubber to help the tablet mount grip the stand better.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2011[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.73 MB ID:	18114 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2010[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.19 MB ID:	18115 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2009[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	18116Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2017[1].JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.52 MB ID:	18117​​

Only con I have noticed so far is that this is a bit lighter than the original snare stand I was using and feels a bit top heavy and I may need to replace the legs/lower section with something a litter wider/heavier. Luckily used snare stands are pretty easy to find.

Overall though it's working pretty well.
    Attached Files

Hi, looks great! Is the mpd226 able to send midi clock to the blackbox if you use the tap tempo? Looking at getting one for live use

Comment

Working...
    X