Firmware updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware updates

I have the impression that the blackbox got a bit abandoned from further development. Are there further updates planned for this lovely piece of hardware? I think the wish list is long enough already...

My guess is they are focused on polishing the BlueBox firmware first. Once they have their v1.0 for BlueBox they will go back to the firmware of other products like BlackBox and possibly bring a major release (v2 ?).

I would expect at least some of the features of the BlueBox to be among the next ones we could see on the BlackBox : such as improved recorder, mixer and fx screens/features.

Lets see if we get one before Xmas

Comment

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      I take this as a confirmation of the upcoming « major release »

• Steve
      Steve commented
      Editing a comment
      I only read your first sentence!

• jayneural
      jayneural commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried

I would also like to see an update soon, but I think what @jayneurtral says makes a lot of sense. I remember I saw either in the forum of fb group that someone 1010 mentioned they wanted to port some of the improved effects from bluebox to the blackbox/bitbox and also they mentioned on working on improving the sequencer. So I guess we just have to wait to see if that happens.

Comment

Future will tell. I kind of doubt that many features will spill over to the blackbox (yes, there will be a few teasers) because it could cannibalise the sales of the bluebox.

Comment

Originally posted by mineral View Post
        I have the impression that the blackbox got a bit abandoned from further development. Are there further updates planned for this lovely piece of hardware? I think the wish list is long enough already...
        I think the list of bugs is also long enough .. :/

Comment

I know some of yall have mostly positive attitudes, but... I mean. Don't be positive blindly...

The abandonment here is real.

Its been since fucking July.

Will we get support? Who knows. I swear JJOS is NEEEEEEEDED!

I hate waiting on companies like this because sales is way more important, with users like JJOS, we don't have to get shafted by the business, for the sake of the business and wait wait wait.

Tell me with your fingers I'm wrong, but in your heart you feel it.

Comment

As a programmer, I can tell you that these things take time. If they are a small company, they may not have the resources to fix every product's bugs and add new features simultaneously. More than likely they work on one, then the other, etc. July 2020 is only 4 month ago. Most updates can take a year or more - in most cases, much more. Be patient.

Comment

• sirshannon
              sirshannon commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen. Saved me from having to type the same thing.

• Steve
              Steve commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish I could say it will save ME from typing this same thing but I have typed it twice today already!

didn't they JUST release 1.6 a few months ago?

Seriously, ya'll be like "Two weeks without an update? This company is a band of thrives I tell you! We've been abandoned!"

Comment

1.6 was 4 months ago. 1.5 was released 4 months before 1.6. I really don't see anything to complain about at the moment. Also, besides a few bugs it does everything it was originally intended to do and more.

Comment

I can confirm that launching a major new hardware project (bluebox) is an all consuming effort. We look forward to coming back to the other projects soon.

Comment

• mineral
                  mineral commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In that case by the time you ironed out the bugs of blubox you will launch your next product which will need post-lauch attention and you'll likely never again pay that much attention to the blackbox.

The blackbox truly got a huge potential, but you have to put in the hours to reach it.

Another option for the abandoned child would be to open up the source code and let the community implement the features they want. You will still sell it and even might sell more because of the free support you got additionally.

1010 Music is no Roland or Korg. I imagine that many of the employees wear many hats. As Aaron mentioned, they are launching a new hardware product and that probably is using most of their bandwidth. I imagine that we will see more Blackbox updates after the launch. My only concern with this is that the more products launched, the more that need to be updated and have bugs addressed. I hope that they are not biting off more than they can chew and have properly resourced both the support of legacy products as well as the new ones.

Comment

mineral said
                    • In that case by the time you ironed out the bugs of blubox you will launch your next product which will need post-lauch attention and you'll likely never again pay that much attention to the blackbox.

The blackbox truly got a huge potential, but you have to put in the hours to reach it.

Another option for the abandoned child would be to open up the source code and let the community implement the features they want. You will still sell it and even might sell more because of the free support you got additionally.
                      • Flag
                  DO YOU ALL NOT GET THIS???? We will continue to get abandoned, 1010 is becoming into a "move forward, don't look back" MO. Starting to feel shafted.

Just release the damn source code so we don't have to wait until a pandemic wipes out humanity?

Comment

• jayneural
                    jayneural commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please let me know if you know many hardware companies that update their firmware on a monthly basis and adding features.

Personally it’s the first time I see it with 1010music.

And I hope no one bought the Blackbox for $600 thinking it would be an MPC next month, because definitely I don’t see why they wouldn’t have bought an MPC instead.
                    Last edited by jayneural; 11-20-2020, 06:34 PM.

Blackbox sells could be rising and going strong if it was focused on more. Maybe I should've got a MPC instead. The blackbox would be the one to get ignored huh?....

Comment

Originally posted by mycoffeeguy View Post
                    mineral said

DO YOU ALL NOT GET THIS???? We will continue to get abandoned, 1010 is becoming into a "move forward, don't look back" MO. Starting to feel shafted.

Just release the damn source code so we don't have to wait until a pandemic wipes out humanity?
                    I'd probably cut back on the coffee.

Comment

• shankiphonic
                      shankiphonic commented
                      Editing a comment
                      (⊙.⊙(☉̃ₒ☉)⊙.⊙)

Damn, you folks know youre talking about hardware right? If you want weekly updates go back in the box, otherwise quit bitching, practice the machine, and make some damn music

Comment

Working...
                    X