Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone using the Akai MPK Mini MIDI controller with his/her Blackbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robertdryer
    replied
    Yes, but set it up on the computer first to match the settings you want and the settings to the equivalent places on the Blackbox. (So notes, midi channel etc.).

Leave a comment:

• Surrealistic
    replied
    Thank you very much for your replies! I wqas wodnering if it's possible to use the 8 drumpads with Bank A/B to select all the 16 cells on the Sequencer page?

Leave a comment:

• robertdryer
    replied
    I have it and the MPD. But honestly I use the mpd 99% of the time. I like the MPK it’s just easier for me to write in keys in the step sequencer since I can’t play piano well. Rhythms are much more accessible for me to play. With that I never really need more than 4 pads at a time to piece together rythm sections, so 8 is enough too.
    Last edited by robertdryer; 11-24-2020, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    I’m using it, there is a bit of mapping but overall works fine.

transitioning to the SQ1 fron presonus though.

Leave a comment:

• Is anyone using the Akai MPK Mini MIDI controller with his/her Blackbox?

Hi,

I am looking for a small midi controller to use with the Blackbox. the most obvious choice I guess is the Novation Launchkey MK3. But physically I like the black Akai MPK Mini Mk3 more.

the Problem is that the mpk has 8 drum pads instead of 16 on the Launchkey. I was wondering if anyone here is using the mpk in combination with the Blackbox and what the experience is like.

Thanks in advance for any replies,
Working...
X