Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.7.3 works great. Thank you very much and happy x-mas!!!

Comment

A few suggestions for v 1.7x MIDI import:

Let me begin by saying that it works beeeeeautifully, but I just thought I’d throw in my two cents. If it’s more appropriate, I’ll repost this in the wishlist section.

-Set default folder or independently remember last folder for MIDI file loading. Currently last folder is shared with sample loader.
      -Pad for seq Import should match currently selected sequence. Currently it defaults to Seq pad #1.
      -Option to selectively import individual MIDI channels.
      -Paste sequence into a different Seq pad. Will currently only paste into the same pad.
      -Split channels of imported MIDI per pad (with overwrite warning and undo).
      -Automatically extend step count of longer sequences.

Comment

• jayneural
        jayneural commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 That’s very good suggestions.

New MIDI import fonction : huge improvement BUT !
      - Editing a note velocity, or play statistics ; its slower than editing on a sequence done on the BB, especially on long midi files
      - When I import a whole song in midi mode : the max stepis 256 ... I can't play a whole song
      - does the imported midi file with emebed sysex will keep the sysex information inside the sequence and send them via midi out to other synths ?

Comment

• Aaron
        Aaron commented
        Editing a comment
        MIDI import is not intended to load a whole song. You may need to do some editing to prepare a single part. You can increase the length by switching Step Mode off and choosing a long step time and high step count. The notes will remain unaffected.

Blackbox doesn't currently support SysEx

not sure if it's an issue but recording sections in song mode will always (even if "loop" is unchecked) loop to section 1 when last bar of last section is reached, it causes the section 1 to have the seqs of the last seq (or we have to de activate a sequence before it returns to bar 1 of section 1 and loop). Could it be possible that at the end of all sections, the BB stops ?

Comment

I have an issue with the "velocity" strip that stay onscreen, so i can't reach the edit cells, I must turn the encoder back and forth or change the screen and back for it moves and reveals the edit cells. Not always, tho' OK it was me and not an issue, I ignored we needed to move the bottom right encoder to reveal the edit cells !
        Last edited by arffff; 12-25-2020, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Aaron - 1.7.3
          on SEQS -
          current behavior:
          Given an event is selected (pink)
          When that selected event is tapped [to "delete" the event from the sequence]
          Then blackbox sets the focus to the very first event in the sequence.

this behavior results in the position of the sequence being "snapped" back to the beginning of the sequence, regardless of what was in view previously.

expected behavior:
          Then the sections of the sequence that was previously displayed is unchanged - either setting focus to a nearby event, or no event at all.

The preferred behavior is not to have the sequence display position changed on the user. it's gravy if a nearby event is then selected.

Comment

• SpheresOfChaos
            SpheresOfChaos commented
            Editing a comment
            +1 on this
            Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
            The preferred behavior is not to have the sequence display position changed on the user. it's gravy if a nearby event is then selected.

• brunodiben
            brunodiben commented
            Editing a comment
            same on this one

Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
          Aaron - 1.7.3
          on SEQS -
          current behavior:
          Then blackbox sets the focus to the very first event in the sequence.

this behavior results in the position of the sequence being "snapped" back to the beginning of the sequence, regardless of what was in view previously.

expected behavior:
          Then the sections of the sequence that was previously displayed is unchanged - either setting focus to a nearby event, or no event at all.

yes, it would be much appreciated

Comment

Post installing the 1.7.3 firmware update, which I generally welcome, but I am getting intermittent audio and power glitches on play back.

I'm running 3 multi samples (approx 20 samples each) and 4 single shots across 7 pads, so I understand that I'm pushing the 80 samples per present - as the blackbox indicates that I am left with only 19 sample slots to play with.

Reinstalling the 1.6.5 firmware corrects this (though I do miss the new STEP 'OFF' and SEQUENCE VELOCITY functions).

Comment

• Brizzee
              Brizzee commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve,

I've upgraded to a Sandisk Ultra 32Gb (exFAT) and the crackles still continue.

• Brizzee
              Brizzee commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve,

Do you think this is a blackbox firmware issue or is my hardware faulty?

• Brizzee
              Brizzee commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve, is this the end of our conversation or are you still out there?

The new firmware is great - especially the ability to import midi. Nevertheless, the feature is only limited in use, because the notes only play the chosen pad.

Suggestion:
            Currently, the imported notes are always placed on the selected pad - I'am fine with that. However, it would be useful to be able to change the pad. Just as you can move notes in a sequence screen, it would be great to be able to move pads by using the fourth encoder.

Use Case: Drums
            Example: I have three pads with kick, snare and hihat.
            It would be great if I could assign the notes to the pads so that the notes play the intended sounds.

Use Case: Drums based sliced samples
            This use case is an extention to the first one.
            Example: I have three pads with kick, snare and hihat and each audio file contains different articulations of the corresponding instrument. e.g. snare center, snare rimshot or hihat closed, hihat open, hihat edge and so on.

Now it would be great if I could assign the notes to the pads in the first step. In the next step I adjust the notes so that the desired articulations are played.

Use Case: Simulate Paraphonic Synth Mode
            This use case is similar to the use case: Drums. Only the intention is different.
            Example: I have three samples, each containing a played note from a different synthesizer.

Again, it would be great if I could assign the notes to the pads. If then the polyphony of the pads is adjusted, you can certainly create awesome sounds with it.
            Last edited by SpheresOfChaos; 12-28-2020, 03:42 AM.

Comment

I have a lot of bugs, esp. the samples behing truncated or having blank parts after rebooting, it needs a few reboots to get them back in the preset while playing. I'm back at 1.6 but I've lost the event editing, tho' the tracks still work even if wrote in version 1.7 with new features (velo & prob events).
              Also It freezes from time to time, I'm wondering if the CPU is not involved, my presets are a bit heavy (maybe).

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                are you loading your own preset or a factory preset?

• arffff
                arffff commented
                Editing a comment
                With mines for this particular point, it may be the same issue as with the Keystep 37, for these ones but the screen thinissues happens even with a blank preset (no card). For now I have sent the unti back to the shop, as I did pretty much all I could to get the screen back, I am a bit scared to keep it as it only has 3 or 4 days.

Originally posted by SpheresOfChaos View Post
              The new firmware is great - especially the ability to import midi. Nevertheless, the feature is only limited in use, because the notes only play the first pad.
              Actually - you can import midi to other pads.
              you just need to select the desired pad before you import the midi.
              This is done by selecting the pad grid in the top-right corner of the keys view of a sequence. you'll see the default pad for every sequence is pad one. just change it first, then import the midi, and you'll see the the midi is imported to a different pad.

Comment

• SpheresOfChaos
                SpheresOfChaos commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the tip. I actually overlooked that.
                I will edit my post and also add use cases to make my intent more clear.

just thought id also say that i love what i'm seeing in 1.7 but the USB out midi/clock bug completely ruins it for me, so back to 1.6 for now. very much looking forward to 1.7.4 where i hope this is addressed.

Comment

• Saurian Melodies
                Saurian Melodies commented
                Editing a comment
                +1 super frustrating

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                We updated our USB drivers, under the hood. We are still working through a few issues surrounding the device port.

ok, now the screen looks dead, it has a weird behaviour, fades from a screen to another and some of the lines are mostly yellow or pink. the waveform is also affected, esp. when magnified, the continous blue lines (nomal behaviour) is stripped in yellow/green/pink. I've the os back to 1.6 but still it remains, I bought a faster sd card : no chance. I've deleted the settings files : samo, now I am about to reformat the kingston one (the one hat comes with the BB) (deep format), I will reinstall the 1.0 firmware with only a few presets and see. If the screen lokks the same, then my unit is probably dead, it has 1 week ! I hope I can get refunded.. Lovely little box but no chance here..

Comment

• jayneural
                jayneural commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow this is too spectacular to just be a firmware bug.

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                arffff Please contact us directly at [email protected]

• arffff
                arffff commented
                Editing a comment
                jayneural Yes, I think too. Back to all factory and the screen remains weird. I've already engaged a return procedure, too bad I love the lil box for what it promises.. I have done a few tracks with it, I need to back'em up to finish them. This box is very inspiring and fast, but no chance here

1.7.3 - my touch screen does not respond at all when my controller (lauchkey 47mk2) is plugged. Please check that problem, it’s quite annoying and make me unable to enjoy the blackbox

Comment

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                it provides compatibility with the flux-capacitor.

• jayneural
                jayneural commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh man, so we’ll be able to return in the 80s and ignite the « Generative Disco » phenomenon.

And buy a couple of Jupiter 8s, an 808 and a Juno for a bargain at the occasion

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                that IS the plan!

Sorry. this isn't useful testing feedback.

I just wanted to thank every one of you that are testing and giving feedback on the new firmware. I can't test on my Blackbox because I'm in the middle of some things I can't risk (and because I am too easily distracted by shiny new toys like a new feature in a firmware beta) so please accept my "THANK YOU!" in lieu of being helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X