Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joaoorecchia
    replied
    Does that mean 1.7.4 is the official release?

Leave a comment:

• Kaaareeegar
    commented on 's reply
    Great, much appreciated.

• Christine
    replied
    The updated user manual for Blackbox 1.7 is now available. There's a clean version, and there's a version with the changes since 1.5 highlighted in yellow.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    - First note from the selected range is not correctly captured when "lead in" is on -- the first note is triggered as soon as I hit rec+play. I do get a wav for the first note, but it only contains the tail of the sound (workaround: disable "lead in", or start at one note below the intended, delete the extra file, clear pad, load all)
    I will look into this today

- "Pad note" is not respected for the multisampled pad. E.g. multisampling a drum kit between C2 and C3, in pads view the pad triggers the last recorded sample (at C3) pitched to something like C4 (?), and changing pad note to say C2 has no effect. Clearing the pad and doing "load all" does not fix this.
    The Pad Note parameter is the incoming MIDI Note # a pad will respond to. It does not set the pitch. When touching the pad from the screen, you will hear C.

- When "RecConfig" is set to "Per Pad", it would be nice if the pad remembered the 1x/Mx mode
    This is a feature request and belongs on the wish list thread.

- Maybe the multisample wizard should not start playing back the active sequences? I've confused myself a few times by another pad or seq sending midi notes to the synth I was multisampling.
    This is needed and I have reported it.

Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• jayneural
    replied
    This thread is becoming too big... we need a "v1.8/v2 feedback" thread

Leave a comment:

• IgsterKicks
    commented on 's reply
    re: "lead in" and first note, disabling "lead in" samples the first note in range correctly, updated the post.

• IgsterKicks
    replied
    Playing around with 1.7.4 sampling some synths in multisample mode, here are some bugs and polish ideas:

- First note from the selected range is not correctly captured when "lead in" is on -- the first note is triggered as soon as I hit rec+play. I do get a wav for the first note, but it only contains the tail of the sound (workaround: disable "lead in", or start at one note below the intended, delete the extra file, clear pad, load all)

- "Pad note" is not respected for the multisampled pad. E.g. multisampling a drum kit between C2 and C3, in pads view the pad triggers the last recorded sample (at C3) pitched to something like C4 (?), and changing pad note to say C2 has no effect. Clearing the pad and doing "load all" does not fix this.

- When "RecConfig" is set to "Per Pad", it would be nice if the pad remembered the 1x/Mx mode

- Maybe the multisample wizard should not start playing back the active sequences? I've confused myself a few times by another pad or seq sending midi notes to the synth I was multisampling.
    Last edited by IgsterKicks; 02-20-2021, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    That card should be ok but I have found the best overall performance from cards with an 'A1' or 'A2' rating. But if it is working - don't mess with it!

• arteom
    commented on 's reply
    Steve, thanks for following up. Don't mind that question at all. I have three power sources, one is a android tablet usb adapter, another is ipad usb adapter, and third an antek power bank. Different usb cables with each setup. Same behavior. When I first got the blackbox I was using it with a subpar usb cable and did experience issues, learned quickly to use a better cable. The SD card is a Sandisk Ultra 256gb card, read speed of 100MB/s. Do you recommend getting something else?

Today I recorded the problem preset as is, set the only open pad to resample and hit play in song mode. The resulting sample did not capture any of the artifacts I heard as I played the preset in song mode. Which is good.

• Steve
    commented on 's reply
    CPU is likely. And while many do not like this question..... how are you powering and what is your microSD spec? It might also be a bug.

• arteom
    replied
    getting popping/clicking artifacts in output when playing a long sequence which is sequencing 11 pads set to toggle with loop on, and 2 that are set to trigger. There are two separate sequences that are playing two pads which are set to slice mode. Initially thought what I was hearing was clipping, adjusted levels, cut lows with filter on low-heavy pads. Problem persisted. The sequence is 96 steps with step length of 2 bars. Artifacts start around halfway through. Here's what I did to troubleshoot - mute two pads from the long sequence but leave them in sequence - problem persist. I tried this with various pads. Then tried cutting the two pads out of the sequence, don't hear the artifacts anymore. Because the problem persisted when the pads were muted, this would point to the problem not being clipping.

Is what I'm hearing the cpu being overstressed? I'm thinking I will finish this track arrangement then duplicate the sequence with a few pads cut out and record. Then play the cut pads on the duplicate sequence with the first recording and resample it all. Hopefully that goes around the issue.
    Last edited by arteom; 02-11-2021, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brizzee
    commented on 's reply
    Steve, is this the end of our conversation or are you still out there?

• shankiphonic
    commented on 's reply
    could be you found a bug!

• pallozza
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I did switch the selection from keys to pads. If you select a pad and record a pad; when you look at the sequence section, that should show you the pads squares being marked as recorded; and if you switch to keys, you can see the actual notes... This is how it always worked, but now if you record notes and go from keys to pads, there is nothing there. If I go to the previous firmware (6.x), I can switch no problem and see the pads and the keys pages correctly showing the midi data

• Suspect Frequencies
    replied
    Originally posted by emji_herara View Post
    Also had problems with that recently. I think to remember that I managed to overcome this after trying around several times. Don't remember exactly how unfortunately, but will try to note down when I get the issue.
    Same here. Midi sync no joy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X