Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me organise a mess

Hi all

I'm starting the new year by getting organised with my BB. I'm a beginner, and last year I dabbled with creating presets and recording samples.

But it's a mess of stuff.

I'm going to update to the latest firmware so think I'll start afresh.

HOWEVER, is there a way of keeping everything I've created on my SD card so it's accessible on the BB if I need it, but out of the way in one folder so it doesn't get in the way of everything I store from now on?

I know I can just back it up and put it on a hard drive as an archive.

But what I really want is to feel like I've got a clean BB to start from scratch, but if I suddenly remember there was a melody I wrote early last year, I can get to it without going back to the old files stored on my mac.

Is this possible?

Also:

I imagine there are people who have posted about how they organise their SD but I can't find them. Can anyone direct me to those posts, or suggest the way to keep things nicely organised? Unless the latest firmware does this for you? I don't think I've updated since 1.5!

I guess in simplest terms, I'd like to have one folder where all my creations are, which is separate to the kits the BB comes with.

[Please bear in mind I'm a beginner and have never used kit like this before, so what seems basic to you guys might be a revelation to me!]

Thanks and happy new year!

>following<
    yes, there needs to be a sticky post, I think, about the best... optimal in terms of the hardware... way to organise samples & projects on the card.

Comment

Good idea duncandisorderly - anyone got any tips for this?

Comment

I feel the same what usually helps me understand is a picture that shows the structure, would be much appreciated

Comment

I think theres a Linux function that draws out a map of your directories. Might be a python thing.

If you could make a map like that it would probably help.

Comment

As far as I can tell, as long as the BLACKBOX.BIN file is at the top level of the sd card, you can organize the blackbox folders any way you like.
            I was dealing with a mess as well, and decided to tidy up as a New Years exercise.
            The blackbox file system is one of the thinks I like the most about it.
            It's really straightforward.

Anyway. if you want to reorganize your files and folders using a PC, AND you don't want to jack up your presets, then I'd suggest Packing your presets on the blackbox first.
            When you pack a preset, bb copies all the sounds used by that preset into the preset folder. That way you don't break any references to sounds stored in other folders.
            This can take a while as there is no bulk pack feature (which I will now open a wishlist item for).
            Once you've packed your stuff, you can move the SD card to a PC and organize your folders however you like.

files and foldersbb screen

Comment

Working...
            X