Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user question for sequencing external gear

Hey all,
    when looking up how to sequence external gear via midi by using a pad I was perfectly sure I could use an empty pad for that. As mentioned in loopop's youtube video.

Gathering from my research so far you first need to load a sample into a pad, then mute it in the mixer and finally you can record your sequence. Obviously also setting a midi out channel.
    That feels cumbersome to me. Why not be able to use an empty pad? That maybe henceforth named MD/midi-pad as it isn't empty any longer.

Or am I missing something?
    Last edited by emji_herara; 01-15-2021, 02:04 AM.

You can use a sequence (SEQS page) to sequence an external synth without messing with pads (more or less).
    But what you're describing "is what it is", for now.
    (unless something's changed in 1.7.4 and I didn't catch it yet)

Comment

That has not changed. We have had a lot of requests for a MIDI only pad. We hear that request. We are still working on the blackbox. Please post feature requests to the wish list thread so we can find them when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        That has not changed. We have had a lot of requests for a MIDI only pad. We hear that request. We are still working on the blackbox. Please post feature requests to the wish list thread so we can find them when needed.
        Thanks for your reply Steve and great to hear you're working on this. I was mislead into thinking it was an existing feature, so now I understand it isn't. Good to know and see this as me adding myself to the list of ppl who'd love that feature. You guys did a great job on this product so far!

Comment

Working...
        X