Blue box and Black box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue box and Black box

Now that the blue box is out why dont we change the current efx(reverber and delay) on the black box with
    something like bitcrusher and distortion?
    I think this could save also some cpu resouces.
    what do you think?
    I think it is quite a waste to have the same efxs on both.

reverb and delay are staples.
    not all blackboxers have a bluebox.

Comment

Maybe now a choice of more FX on the BB. Would be reasonable even if sticking with two slots.

As those who have the Bluebox would be able to use these Blackbox slots for some other FX and do the delay/reverb on the Bluebox.

The ideal of course if hardware allows it would be a 3rd slot and a UI that presents the 3 slots + the currently existing filter, each taking one rotary (even if the filter is already present as a PAD sound design tool). Well the ideal would really be four slots

What’s certain is that it’s time for the Blackbox to get a few more FX, be it just more choice on current slots or on new slots.

Comment

I've got two BlackBoxes (so far) and might get a third. I love them for their unique selling point - i.e. the ability to record lots of very long samples and start them independently. I have no plans to get a Blue.

Comment

More Effects all around interchangeable 2 fx slots are fine per pad with resembling . No plans for a bluebox already have a mixer. Agree with Shank reverb and delay are the most necessary. Bitcrusher and distortion would be wonderful. Save me from re-sampling from my polyend tracker.

Comment

The more you have to do outside the box the more viable options present themselves to just switch boxes IMO. Always thought of sampling as a pretty integrated thing it’s unfortunate for all the crappiness that comes along with using the clunky interface of the SP series samplers they got the effects right

Comment

I'm waiting and hoping for the bluebox reverb and delay to spill over to blackbox someday. The reverb sound fantastic. Dare I wish for the Eq aswell? Ofcourse Im geting a bluebox also very soon.
              Tge effects are accually fine, I think 1010 should put their efforts in making the workflow even better, optimising, bugfixes etc..

Comment

Maybe some effects borrowed from the FXBox code? some interchangeable effects would be awesome. Although I don't have the bluebox, I often send the audio from blackbox/bitbox to external reverb and delay, so the option for changing the effects would be great

Comment

Don't wanna ruin the party, but one of bb's biggest strengths imho is it's focus. It's very clear what it is and what it is not. Having a very basic effects section and compensating that with individual outputs to run them through external fx/eq (which are likely to also be better in quality) seems to me a deliberate design choice.

Of course I wouldn't mind having more fx, but if that goes at the expense of swift workflow and focusedness I'd rather not.

Comment

Originally posted by emji_herara View Post
                    Don't wanna ruin the party, but one of bb's biggest strengths imho is it's focus.
                    very wise.

Comment

Don't wanna ruin the party, but one of bb's biggest strengths imho is it's focus.
                      Don't worry, with a couple more fx, it's still going to be a lovely sample based groovebox as it's been from day one

Comment

What if, after the BlueBox, a RedBox or a GreenBox Effects Unit is released with 20+ Onboard effects and multiple LFO’s? Anyone ever thought of that?
                        What if, after the FxBox, a WhiteBox Synth unit is released based on their Wave Oscillator module with multiple synth engines and built in arpeggiator?

A company doesn’t grow by continually adding in features to a base unit forever. That would be a bad business model and doom a company to failure. I’ve owned and used the BlackBox since one of the first firmwares. I bought it for what it did at time of purchase and was pleased with it then. Since then 1010music has done multiple firmware upgrades and added a lot of features and workflow improvements expanding it usability greatly.

If they never do another update I would continue to be pleased with my purchase and wouldn’t regret a thing.

Except for not having a video game built in. I still want a Space Invaders clone or Breakout or an Etch-a-Sketch game built into it.

Comment

• jayneural
                          jayneural commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It can help giving a new boost to sales without having to go through the process of building new hardware, so yes there is growth that comes from firmware : see Microfreak, TR-8S, Elektron stuff.

A V2 with notable features, will make headlines, videos, praises, customer sat, NPS (word of mouth).

It's basically a way better way to invest in the marketing of a product while making it more competitive.

• shankiphonic
                          shankiphonic commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think we all know fuschiaBox is what’s coming next.

• Georges
                          Georges commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I sometimes wonder how constantly releasing new hardware could be more profitable than keeping it coming at a slower pace. Maybe the enthusiast customer burst at launch generates the vast majority of revenues over the product’s lifetime?

In any case, new hardware is also a risky venture: every new production line comes with its potential quality issues and its impact on long term reputation. On the other hand, Aaron has been doing this for a very respectable time.

I need the reverb and delay on my BB. Surely, more effects are always welcome

Comment

I’m fine with blackbox as it is, that is in terms of effects. It is a sketch pad, according to Aaron’s vision. IMO the blackbox does not need many new features but should rather have its bugs and quirks ironed out before anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Georges View Post
                            I’m fine with blackbox as it is, that is in terms of effects. It is a sketch pad, according to Aaron’s vision. IMO the blackbox does not need many new features but should rather have its bugs and quirks ironed out before anything else.
                            Similar thought here, I would just say improvement of the features that exist instead of adding new one's has my priority.

Comment

Working...
                            X