X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _maxgb
    replied
    Originally posted by IgsterKicks View Post

- loading one of the AKWF 600 sample files goes into Clip mode (why?)
    - need to change: mode -> Sample, loop mode -> Forward, launch mode -> Gate
    - jam! record a sequence
    - if you keep the sequence running, browsing for a replacement wav previews them as expected (replaces the waveform, keeps the settings)
    - however once you hit load, the modes revert to default (clip, no loop, trigger)
    Ran into this exact issue recently. There are several threads here on using single cycle waveforms, I really hope at some point this workflow issue can be addressed.

Leave a comment:

• IgsterKicks
    replied
    Re: single cycle files, worth mentioning the pack from Adventure Kid that works in blackbox:

https://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/wav...kid-waveforms/

I wish blackbox detected very short wavs as single-cycle, or there was something in the wav metadata that could be set.

Here's how the loading/browsing flow works currently (blackbox 1.7.4):

- loading one of the AKWF 600 sample files goes into Clip mode (why?)
    - need to change: mode -> Sample, loop mode -> Forward, launch mode -> Gate
    - jam! record a sequence
    - if you keep the sequence running, browsing for a replacement wav previews them as expected (replaces the waveform, keeps the settings)
    - however once you hit load, the modes revert to default (clip, no loop, trigger)

Leave a comment:

• Freaky Steve
    replied
    Originally posted by shankiphonic View Post
    Freaky Steve
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the blackbox...
    Oh I got quite a list.

I'm really bad about having to sit at a computer to do the work I need to do with wave wav files I've recorded. So I end up never doing it. Hopefully this will help at least a little with that type of work.

I used to do a lot of drum n bass where I used ableton and reason rex files to chop up and layer beats. Blackbox is perfectly made for that. If that's the only thing I used it for it would be worth the price.

I spend a couple days a week away from my studio, this will be the perfect little sketch book to have a collection of loops from my rack to play around with ideas.

I can run it off a little power block phone charge thing? Holy shit

Wait a minute... 6 tracks of CV going out to the rack? Gah

Gear I have that I don't make songs with any more because I don't want to lug it on stage? No problem just make a bunch of loops, or even multi sample that patch you want to play a lead with.

I can even layout entire songs if I want to, and if it doesn't do quite enough to handle that I can pick up a bluebox.

It basically fills 90% of the holes I would have to use a laptop for.

It seems like almost weekly now a new thing comes out for microcontrollers or euro rack that just blows me away.

​​​​​​​Black box pulling all of this stuff off with a touch screen in the palm of your hand on cellphone power is just ridiculous.
    ​​​​​

​​​

Leave a comment:

• shankiphonic
    replied
    Freaky Steve
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with the blackbox...

Leave a comment:

• Blackbox single cycle files specifically with disting and 4ms swn

My Blackbox is on the way.

Has anyone used it for single cycle files?
    One of the videos said that it automatically loops single cycles when browsing through folders.

Also has anyone tried to use a disting SD card inside a blackbox or vice versa? Are either one of them formatted weird?

In other words id like to take a disting card shove it in the blackbox and work on all the files in there.
    I already have a little trouble reading the disting SD, I think that's the one only my tablet will read. So this may not work because of disting being weird.

I'd also like to be able to slice down to the single cycle level and then line 27 of them up to export to 4ms SWN.

I know I can do all this by using audacity in there at some point along the way, but I'd love to be able to pull this off without doing that.
Working...
X