Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I play a pad per note using Midi DIN IN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I play a pad per note using Midi DIN IN?

I can see that if I use a USB keyboard on the USB host port, each key play a different sample. How do I do the same via midi DIN port?

I selected a pad, turned on midi in on channel 1 and when I play my midi controller which has midi out going to midi in of the blackbox, it always play chromatically.

I would like instead to play each pad when I play a specific key on my midi controller.

The manual does not give much help, so I am not sure how to achieve this.

Hi There,

first to notice, from my experience there is no difference in MIDI via USB or MIDI via DIN Port. So I can not see, why it behaves differently in your case.
    However, the midi configuration might be different from what you think.

You should consider at least two different places of where to find/adjust midi configuration.

1. you can set individual channels for each pad on the pads page
    2. (I guess on the tools page) you can set global configuration:
    2.a The KEYS midi channel
    2.b The PADS midi channel

If you set a channel on (1.), notes on that channel will only play this pad (chromatically)
    If you set a channel on (2.a), notes on this channel will play chromatically the actual selected pad
    If you set a channel on (2.b), notes on this channel will trigger different pads (or even toggle sequences) for certain predefined notes

From what you wrote I think you would like to set (2.b) to the channel of your external midi device and avoid this channel being used as any source of the pads (1.) or KEYS (2.a).
    It's very easy to get confused if, for instance channel 1 is used on an single pad (1.) and on the KEYS channel (2.a) and on the PADS channel (2.b). Since these settings are contradictory and I guess the option (1.) will override the other ones.

Cheers,
    Dan Day
    Last edited by DanDay; 02-21-2021, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X